Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Am I the only one who feels this way
Am I the only one who feels this way
I cannot take God anymore..feel like I'm walking on eggshells and I feel like I'm dealing with a judgmental and abusive entIty all the time.  I feel really isolated and I can't tell anyone what's going on...
RE: Am I the only one who feels this way
(April 6, 2019 at 11:43 pm)seylee Wrote: I cannot take God anymore..feel like I'm walking on eggshells and I feel like I'm dealing with a judgmental and abusive entIty all the time.  I feel really isolated and I can't tell anyone what's going on...

Well seylee you've made a start, you're telling people here.
Tell us a little more about your circumstances.

And welcome to the forums.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
Matey, you created God in your mind and only you can dissolve him from your mind.
Like they say in the classics: It's all in your mind!!!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Sounds like it's time for a break-up.
(April 6, 2019 at 11:43 pm)seylee Wrote: I cannot take God anymore..feel like I'm walking on eggshells and I feel like I'm dealing with a judgmental and abusive entIty all the time.  I feel really isolated and I can't tell anyone what's going on...

I’ve never been religious, but I do totally understand how you feel. I have another issue which isolates me, and which I can’t talk to hardly anyone about, ever.

Sadly, the way you’re feeling is one of the ways religion is meant to work. If you get someone to live in fear, to always think they’re not good enough, then you keep them coming back for the "cure" and "salvation".

I was lucky enough never to be indoctrinated into any religion, and from my point of view, they are all false. If there was an entity that created this reality, there’s no evidence that it is judging anyone, or in fact paying any attention to what’s happening here at all. Statistically, we would be of no consequence to it if you consider the massive scale of our reality. It’s the egocentrism of humans that has made us think we must be the primary motivation for the creation of our whole reality.

I’ve talked to a lot of people who are suffering in similar ways to you, and there’s various things that sometimes help. Maybe you can find the right one for you. Coming here and talking is a great first step. I encourage people to have a good shout at god, as silly as that may sound. Tell him you’re not going to put up with this anymore, that you are your own person, yell some abuse, and dare him to strike you down or throw down a mighty fireball. The complete lack of response that you receive has helped some people, as it is a step towards taking power back, and reinforcing how everything you "know" about god, including its existence, is based on stories. Put him to the test, and he'll fail every time.

I wish you the best and I encourage you to keep talking on here. I’m very sorry you can’t talk to those around you, like I said, I know how frustrating that is.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

[Image: PwkcUoI.jpg]
Welcome Woof.

Tell god to stick it in his ass.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

You grasp that you're not an atheist, right?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
At work.

Hug

Heart

Welcome aboard.  

If gods exist and are as you fear, there's nothing you can do about that.  Not entirely unlike the asteroid almost certainly plummeting towards the earth right now.  Talking about whatever is going on might help...but, ultimately, you'll have to figure out how it is that you manage your day to day under threat of asteroid strike and employ that towards the threat of the divine.

The feeling you're describing, as a position, is called maltheism. Knowing that might help you find info on how others who've felt like you do dealt with it. The notion is as old as gods themselves. No, you're not the only person to have felt that way. Most religions incorporate some form of maltheism, themselves, by asserting a divine adversarial other.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The only reason I became Mormon was because I snuck a taste of "Funeral Potatoes!" 😁 HankMoody316 10 1745 November 8, 2022 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Yo, who's still here from way back when? Ryantology 14 1450 February 24, 2021 at 1:32 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Hello. Is Belief In God The Only Cult That Is Allowed To Be Debated Here? sanebrain 29 3119 August 5, 2016 at 12:37 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  From the only predominantly super-Catholic country in Asia Quartz 10 2796 July 4, 2015 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Feels good to be free... Amelia 15 2935 January 5, 2014 at 7:56 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Hello. Am I the only german here? Something completely different 44 14207 September 27, 2012 at 5:39 am
Last Post: jonb
  Greetings All the way from the Middle East ! Hamany 21 6275 February 23, 2012 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: lilkanyon
Heart Feels like home already. DarthAshleigh 7 2698 January 12, 2012 at 10:17 am
Last Post: znk666