Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proof of God
Proof of God
My time as an atheist might just be over.

"Two Florida teens stranded in the ocean prayed for help. A boat named Amen saved them"

“The first words that came out of my mouth were, 'God is real,..."

"There were too many coincidences, in my opinion, for this to be a coincidence," Wagner told CNN. "I truly believe it was divine intervention."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati...656640002/
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: Proof of God
(May 3, 2019 at 8:41 am)wyzas Wrote: My time as an atheist might just be over.

"Two Florida teens stranded in the ocean prayed for help. A boat named Amen saved them"

"There were too many coincidences, in my opinion, for this to be a coincidence," Wagner told CNN. "I truly believe it was divine intervention."

A boat was in the ocean. That's not a miracle, that's just what happens.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(May 3, 2019 at 12:00 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: A boat was in the ocean. That's not a miracle, that's just what happens.

But it was named Amen, and it happened right after they prayed.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4201676]
One shark to another  ... Fucking God just stole our dinner  Dodgy

other shark  ... Amen to that brother
Religion is the top shelf of the supernatural supermarket ... Madog
Yeah, and god answered the prayers of every other stranded castaway too..just that the answer was "no".
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 3, 2019 at 12:31 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote: Yeah, and god answered the prayers of every other stranded castaway too..just that the answer was "no".

I know, right?  No one ever says, 'Those poor people must have been praying, but God just let them drown.  Praise Jesus!!'

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(May 3, 2019 at 12:00 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(May 3, 2019 at 8:41 am)wyzas Wrote: My time as an atheist might just be over.

A boat was in the ocean. That's not a miracle, that's just what happens.

Fair point.  If they had been picked up by a passing locomotive, THAT would have been a miracle.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Aw, what a cute little story.
I got stressed out recently and was helped through it by a Canadian friend's kind words. I walked to the water to get some nature and saw boats called "Tranquillity" and "Canadian Goose." I get two boats, praying Xtian gets just one, conclusion? If there is a God, it prefers atheists. Either that, or boats tend to have groovy names.
Cool story bro.