Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian Orthodoxy's proof of love and justice
Christian Orthodoxy's proof of love and justice
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=746176075396748

(the original news is a bit old, dunno the date for sure)

Translation of the video below (damn, it was some work!):
"REPORTER: An orthodox priest from the commune Margineni of the Bacau county had demolished a part of the home of a villager, justifying himself that the house lies on the property of the parish. The terrain upon which the house was built has recently been gained in the (judicial) court by the Church , and now the priest wants to sell it. But the price he asks for it goes far beyond the possibilities of the family who lives there. Because he did not receive his money, the servant of the Church tries to make himself justice after its (the Church's) own law.

REPORTER (narrator): With the cross in a hand and the judicial decision in the other, the priest had decided to make justice. Alongside the bailiff (judicial executor) and protected by two troupes of jendarms, the priest Dumitru Bondarici reached the house of Dan Bibire, which he's decided to demolish, in order to enter in the possession of 3600 acres of land, which have been gained in the court by the parish he governs. The servant of the Church has been met by hoots and whistles.

PRIEST: You've got an administrator, you've got the police. Yes! Yes, yes. (he answers the phone).
WOMAN: You've reached to this terrain, this cannot be done! But I'm not offending, this is the truth!
PRIEST: Yes it can be done! I, I defend a Church and the institution!
WOMAN: The Church is God's!
PRIEST: It is ours! The Church...
WOMAN: It is God's!
PRIEST: You've got nothing to discuss!
WOMAN: You... you're not wearing those clothes for nothing!

REPORTER (narrator): All these have not frightened the priest, who's finally conceded a bit from his side and restrained from demolishing a part of the house. for those 500 square meters left to the owner of the house, the priest had asked a record price for that specific region of 40 euro per square meter.

PRIEST: Hear that, even in the hour 113 (i.e. I think he means after 113 hours), I've been thinking, first off I'm the servant of God, and he's got three children, to... negotiate and to forgive him, him to remain with the house and the rest to yield for the use of the parish, this holy terrain... this lordly donation of the year 1732.
REPORTER: How much did you ask for the house and the terrain?
PRIEST: Well, now we negotiate, the parish council had decided for 60 euro, and now I said, let it not be 60, let it be at least 40 (i.e. per meter).

REPORTER (narrator): The owner of the house built on the terrain of the Church says he will never be able to collect the money requested by the orthodox priest.

OWNER: I don't have these money, I don't have where to take from (i.e. to pay), I've got a salary of ~112 euro, and I got three kids. More than that, how am I supposed to get 20 thousand euro, to give to him?

REPORTER (narrator): Other 11 families of the commune had had to buy the land upon which their housed laid, after their terrains had been gained in the court by the Church, but the price requested had been much smaller.

REPORTER: With how much money did they buy it?
PRIEST: With a mere pittance, they had been at the... at the mercy.. at the, at the mercy... at the mercy of the parish they had been!
REPORTER: And why is in this case otherwise?
PRIEST: Because of the fact that a lot of garbage had been judged.

REPORTER (narrator): The highers (chiefs) of the Church say that in this situation, the ransom price must be decided by the council of the parish, and not at all by the priest. Because he does not possess the requested money, the owner of the house will have to demolish his own building after a month, when it's the due time for the payment of the 20 thousand euro."

----

NOW, the even more funny thing, written as a description to the video below (on facebook),

"
If the Romanian Orthodox Church was established in 1872, how can a representative of it afford to reclaim a terrain (plus the house of some poor people)... received, supposedly, as "lordly donation" in 1732? 140 years before the Romanian Orthodox Church (ROC) even existed?

It appears that ROC had received some donations centuries before it was established. These bloated ones defy all universal law of common sense.

Villagers: "The Church is God's"
Priest: "The Church is ours, there's nothing to discuss!"

P.S. The news is old, but it disappeared from the TVR site. #BadForBusiness

---------
Regarding the priest Dumitru Bondarici

Many priests are, actually, businessmen. The father Dumitru Bondarici, from Margineni, Bacau, is a real estate agent. He's even selling terrains that had been retroceded to the Church. Under the pretext that we want to build a new house in the commune, we went to the priest. He asked us for 160 000 euro for 2600 square meters.

The priest is selling the square meters with almost 50 euro. Much more expensive than what (other) real estates offer in the region.

The representative of the Church had explained to us that he had recovered the land after long (judicial) trials. Totally, over 20 hectares is what the parish received. It managed to sell almost all. It threw out people, demolished houses.

The wealth of the Church must be preserved with great respect / piety. The land can be sold, case in which the parish council considers that the land is too far from the parish. The money thus earned must be used either to buy terrain in another place, or for philanthropic acts. Source: http://goo.gl/nPXWu

© OFCR: Stop the funding of the religious cults from the state budget and tax the church! Video collection: http://goo.gl/hP0owx
"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sassy Justice Foxaèr 0 157 October 28, 2020 at 9:19 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  There is no justice...... RBG RIP! Brian37 96 5441 September 29, 2020 at 6:55 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  More obstruction of justice from Donald Trump. Jehanne 6 949 September 11, 2018 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Why do the ritors ask for Justice? Drich 590 56683 October 13, 2016 at 2:35 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Another one For Justice Kennedy to Decide Minimalist 8 3222 August 8, 2015 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Justice - American Style Minimalist 10 2329 July 18, 2015 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Glenn Greewald's With Liberty and Justice for Some Minimalist 13 2746 March 24, 2015 at 9:49 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  Ferguson and the Justice Department Report JesusHChrist 39 7403 March 11, 2015 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Inhumane / Christian Orthodoxy Zenith 1 463 March 6, 2015 at 11:39 am
Last Post: dyresand