Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 6:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More proof 45 wants blind loyalty.
More proof 45 wants blind loyalty.
So he has attacked republicans Mueller, Rosenstein, Sessions, and Comey, And has attempted to usurp congressional review by trying to insert a loyalist in as AG. 

Add to that list Rex Tillerson. Mind you, I don't like GOP economics or it's backing of far right religion, but it should be clear to anyone no matter what party they support, that this is NOT good for our politics. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/...bd113ac66b
RE: More proof 45 wants blind loyalty.
He's not worried about how the US looks to the citizens or the world at large, he's only worried about his own image.
I'm curious why you think that because Trump hires and fires the people he wants to fill a position it is any different than when any other President before him did it.

- Please explain in detail why this any different that when Barack Obama fired Stanley McChrystal, Commander of International Security Assistance Force, for being critical of the Obama Regime in a magazine interview.
- Please explain in detail why this is any different than when Bill Clinton fired Joycelyn Elders, Surgeon General, for making the President fall under criticism when she said that condoms should be handed out in schools and that America had a "love-affair with the fetus".
- Please explain in detail why this is any different than when Harry Truman fired Douglas MacArthur, Commander of U.N. forces in Korea, for publicly criticizing Truman.
- Please explain in detail why it is any different than when Jimmy Carter fired members of of his own cabinet.

Presidents hire and fire people. It's part and parcel of the whole "Leader of the Free World" gig. Kudos for your leap to irrational conclusions based on unrelated subject matter though! Well done!
(December 8, 2018 at 8:22 am)Brian37 Wrote: So he has attacked republicans Mueller, Rosenstein, Sessions, and Comey, And has attempted to usurp congressional review by trying to insert a loyalist in as AG. 

Add to that list Rex Tillerson. Mind you, I don't like GOP economics or it's backing of far right religion, but it should be clear to anyone no matter what party they support, that this is NOT good for our politics. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/...bd113ac66b

Trump can not want anything other than blind loyalty because he lacks any virtue of any sort that would be able to command any other form of loyalty.

Even people who are otherwise prepared to be blindly loyal to his office eventually turn on him.

(December 8, 2018 at 9:05 am)Maketakunai Wrote: I'm curious why you think that because Trump hires and fires the people he wants to fill a position it is any different than when any other President before him did it.

- Please explain in detail why this any different that when Barack Obama fired Stanley McChrystal, Commander of International Security Assistance Force, for being critical of the Obama Regime in a magazine interview.
- Please explain in detail why this is any different than when Bill Clinton fired Joycelyn Elders, Surgeon General, for making the President fall under criticism when she said that condoms should be handed out in schools and that America had a "love-affair with the fetus".
- Please explain in detail why this is any different than when Harry Truman fired Douglas MacArthur, Commander of U.N. forces in Korea, for publicly criticizing Truman.
- Please explain in detail why it is any different than when Jimmy Carter fired members of of his own cabinet.

Presidents hire and fire people. It's part and parcel of the whole "Leader of the Free World" gig. Kudos for your leap to irrational conclusions based on unrelated subject matter though! Well done!

Come and look here, we have a live one!
(December 8, 2018 at 9:05 am)Maketakunai Wrote: I'm curious why you think that because Trump hires and fires the people he wants to fill a position it is any different than when any other President before him did it.

The difference is that these people weren’t fired and replaced for the obvious (but unstated) purpose of keeping Obama, Clinton, Truman and Carter out of prison.

Boru
Quote:The difference is that these people weren’t fired and replaced for the obvious (but unstated) purpose of keeping Obama, Clinton, Truman and Carter out of prison.

So... your personal belief that you know why Donald Trump does everything is your evidence. 

I'm curious. Would you be best pleased if you were convicted of a crime based on such flimsy legal reasoning?

You really have your head in the sand. Nobody is blind to a President changing staff over 4 or 8 years. But we are not dealing with a sane president. It is one thing to want people around you you can work with, and with all administrations, the stress of the job does get people to leave, just on that alone. But that isn't what this president wants. Be wan't blind loyalty. He wants those around him to act as his underlings, like a Mafia boss. 45 is getting mad that those under him are not blindly loyal and simply doing their jobs. 

You look at the record of all the Presidents since Nixon, who has the most indicted and convicted and under investigation? If you think the orange turd is politics as normal, I don't know what to tell you. 

Mueller and Rosenstein and Comey are republicans, but their duty is to the Constitution, they are not there to act as agents to protect one man. Their duty is to protect the system.

You don't have to take it from this liberal, me, here are 50 FORMER republican intel agents, whom warned during his run the damage he could do to global and national stability.....

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/09/us/po...trump.html

Please explain in detail where the FUCK Obama, Clinton, Truman or Carter called someone they fired "STUPID"

Keep licking Trump's toilet.  I'm sure his shit will taste like strawberry one day.
"Tradition" is just a word people use to make themselves feel better about being an asshole.
Thinking about it just now, I think there may be a grain of truth to the idea that his appointments are aimed at accomplishing policy objectives, rather than simply being based on loyalty, and I think that among the anti-Trump crowd, that in particular is a sore spot, not because there is anything wrong with it, or because it is without precedent, but rather because they oppose those policies. The more substantial objections to his appointments are corruption, lack of experience or incompetence, and the seeming obvious intent to serve the president's personal interests rather than those of the country, as is his duty. The last two AG appointments/nominations are a clear example of such, as alignment with views that are favorable to Trump's legal position in relation to any charges of collusion or whatnot seem to have taken priority over other considerations. I don't have a window into the president's mind, nor do I have an answer to the following question, but I have to ask just what was wrong with Jeff Sessions beyond him recusing himself and going after criminals among Trump's own team and allies? If those are the only reasons for dismissing Sessions, I can't help but see that as highly improper and a dereliction of his constitutional duties.

From a personal standpoint, though I disagreed with many of the positions Sessions took, I thought he was a very good attorney general.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
So much emotion! How exciting!

The level of stupid among liberal Trump-haters here is just about on par with people who see Jesus in their toast. Anything that "proves" what you already believe appears to be ample evidence that you were right all along. However, I do want to respond to two particular bits of dumbassery before I log off for the day.

I actually have quite a bit of criticism for The Donald. One which actually has bearing here is the fact that he tweets about everything. Picking fights with people after the fact and calling people names is not in anyones best interests in politics and he does himself no favors by doing it again, and again, and again.. It is undignified, given his position. However, I want to be as detailed as I need to be for the benefit of the more ignorant cunts among you. Whether Donald Trump calls someone "stupid" doesn't have a single thing the FUCK to do with his right to fire them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So ....... who wants to go bowling? ignoramus 15 1378 April 26, 2020 at 8:32 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  BREAKING: China's communist party wants to change the internet protocols WinterHold 32 2121 April 2, 2020 at 8:33 am
Last Post: Mr Greene
  GOP now wants civility in scotus hearing? Brian37 15 1323 September 7, 2018 at 9:52 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Donald Trump Wants To Invade Venezuela...Media Continues to Fixate on Tweets ReptilianPeon 15 3052 July 7, 2018 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Joods
  Madame DeFarge Wants Out Minimalist 4 607 May 7, 2018 at 2:10 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Donald Trump wants to arm teachers with guns possibletarian 251 20628 February 26, 2018 at 10:30 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  The Fucktard So Wants To Start A War Minimalist 18 2039 February 15, 2018 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: Sterben
  Blind Warden gets 4 years for sexual assault Mr.Obvious 2 736 January 11, 2018 at 9:01 am
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  Ken Ham wants to ruin Halloween Foxaèr 31 6245 October 16, 2017 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: FFaith
  The WLB Wants To Fuck Over Nursing Home Patients Minimalist 6 1258 August 18, 2017 at 6:16 pm
Last Post: vorlon13