Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I love ABBA, Metallica, Rush and these guys.
I love ABBA, Metallica, Rush and these guys.
Along with the Ramones, Living Colour, REO speed Wagon, Pink Floyd, Thin Lizzy.

YES ON TOP OF THOSE BANDS MENTIONED ABOVE, I also love the Carpenters.

RE: I love ABBA, Metallica, Rush and these guys.
What, no King Crimson?
I really hate The Carpenters. It's a personal thing involving family members that are too overzealous with repeat.
(May 23, 2019 at 12:18 pm)Shell B Wrote: I really hate The Carpenters. It's a personal thing involving family members that are too overzealous with repeat.

But we never knew each other's family members. I feel the same way about Jimmy Buffet.
Oh, and Steve Miller's "The Joker." Fucking ruined.
(May 23, 2019 at 2:34 pm)Shell B Wrote: Oh, and Steve Miller's "The Joker." Fucking ruined.

I also love this video.

I'm pretty over Metallica. To much triggering music for me personally, too much stuff I played on a loop when I was in a bad way mentally, was a huge fan though, even of their later stuff. St. Anger was both the worst in terms of production value and one of my favorites for provoking suicidal ideation, though Ride The Lightning gives it a run for the money in production quality - even though the album is awesome.

Iron Maiden is where it's at if you're looking for heavy metal and like lyrically awesome songs and more guitars than you can shake a stick at.
Hey Brian, with some long therapy sessions, you can wean yourself off ABBA and become a normal person one day? What say?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Justice was the beginning of the end for Metallica. Puppets is by far their best over all album. Fade to Black is their best song. RUSH is the greatest band ever.
(May 23, 2019 at 6:51 pm)no one Wrote: Justice was the beginning of the end for Metallica. Puppets is by far their best over all album. Fade to Black is their best song. RUSH is the greatest band ever.

I don't know about Fade to Black being their best song ever. I think there are probably a handful tied for that spot.

Pantera is the best if you want some heavier metal.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abba return to UK top 10 after 40 years... Duty 10 1187 September 11, 2021 at 6:07 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Call me old. But these guys didn't ask me. Brian37 37 2117 September 26, 2020 at 4:58 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Rush Hour 2, a quesstion. Brian37 20 1039 April 29, 2020 at 4:11 pm
  I am not alone. Pet adoption and ABBA.... Brian37 7 667 February 5, 2020 at 5:51 pm
  As much as I love ABBA, this is my fav song..... Brian37 16 1659 January 25, 2020 at 10:00 pm
  F Hendrix, F Metallica, F Led Zeppelin. Brian37 51 2785 January 20, 2020 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: no one
  ABBA credits 'the gays' for their return to music Foxaèr 23 2455 September 23, 2019 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Had enough of ABBA? Fine, here's Blondie! Brian37 31 2743 July 9, 2019 at 10:00 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Sci-fi/fantasy author criticizes book store for stocking dead guys Foxaèr 9 1099 April 20, 2019 at 8:18 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  One of Us Is Crying for an ABBA Thread. Brian37 27 1725 March 8, 2019 at 8:50 pm
Last Post: Brian37