Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 7:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
F Hendrix, F Metallica, F Led Zeppelin.
F Hendrix, F Metallica, F Led Zeppelin.
Living Colour did not get the recognition they deserved in the late 80s early 90s. 

This is one of my TOP TEN favorite songs, and I AM AN ABBA FAN! 

RE: F Hendrix, F Metallica, F Led Zeppelin.
They were good. Sometimes bands are too far advanced for their time. Sadly, it took WAY TOO FUCKING LONG for RUSH to get the credit they so richly deserved.
(January 16, 2020 at 10:47 pm)no one Wrote: They were good. Sometimes bands are too far advanced for their time. Sadly, it took WAY TOO FUCKING LONG for RUSH to get the credit they so richly deserved.

I agree, Living Colour was ahead of their time. But sorry,between even Rush, and ABBA, in the Kentucky Derby I am hedging my  bets on Living Colour.
Jimi was a god.

Abba was the failed court jester that got drowned in the moat.....

(January 16, 2020 at 11:30 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Jimi was a god.

Abba was the failed court jester that got drowned in the moat.....

Which is why you make more than Bjorn, Benny, Agnetha and Frida.
Brian, you know that argument is a fallacy right?

McDonalds makes more money than the rest and we all know it's because their food is the best!

ROFLOL

ABBA was a 3 minute hit machine at the right time. They've got "the knack" for it except they wrote 30 My Sharonas instead of one.

There's more creative talent in one Pink Floyd song than all the ABBA collection put together.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(January 16, 2020 at 11:51 pm)ignoramus Wrote: Brian, you know that argument is a fallacy right?

McDonalds makes more money than the rest and we all know it's because their food is the best!

ROFLOL

ABBA was a 3 minute hit machine at the right time. They've got "the knack" for it except they wrote 30 My Sharonas instead of one.

And both you and I have oodles of money to live off of.
No-one's bagging them for making money! ABBA is a fantastic business! And without burning fossil fuels too! All the best to them.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(January 16, 2020 at 10:13 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Living Colour did not get the recognition they deserved in the late 80s early 90s. 

This is one of my TOP TEN favorite songs, and I AM AN ABBA FAN! 

They won some awards and charted several songs and three albums.  Successful tours, including opening for the Stones.

How much more recognition do you think they should have gotten?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I saw them open for the Stones in Arrowhead.  I was equally excited to see them because they were new and relics aren't.  However, these days, when I revisit Living Colour, I don't like it as much.  They didn't hold up for me.  Vernon Reid is a very good, not great player.  Too tone pour and manic.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I love ABBA, Metallica, Rush and these guys. Brian37 22 1993 May 25, 2019 at 7:27 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Being a Big Band/Contemp Jazz & Metallica fan... Brian37 5 963 April 15, 2018 at 4:06 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Unofficial Metallica Thread.... Brian37 10 855 November 30, 2017 at 7:30 am
Last Post: Sal
  Metallica - Moth Into Flame, my thoughts Mechaghostman2 25 4788 September 29, 2016 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Metallica's new song, my thoughts... Mechaghostman2 3 1212 August 22, 2016 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Metallica Xmas light show! Brian37 0 757 December 25, 2015 at 8:21 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Metallica - Nothing Else Matters. ib.me.ub 2 1071 November 7, 2010 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Cego_Colher