Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 18, 2019, 1:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former judge files new motions pushing for special prosecutor in Jussie Smollett case
Former judge files new motions pushing for special prosecutor in Jussie Smollett case
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/brea...story.html

Looks like Smollett isn't out of the woods just yet.

Quote:A former appellate judge pushing for a special prosecutor in the Jussie Smollett case on Tuesday filed a flurry of paperwork, including a bid to block Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx from using any of her office’s attorneys from representing her in the legal fight.
“Feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky. Conscious breathing is my anchor.” - Thich Nhat Hanh

RE: Former judge files new motions pushing for special prosecutor in Jussie Smollett case
Meh, more like he's probably out of the woods unless you count this stunted shrub next to the gallery of mighty oaks as part of the woods.
[Image: ak_botan_saionji_005.jpg]
RE: Former judge files new motions pushing for special prosecutor in Jussie Smollett case
I thought they dropped the charges?
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
It sounds like they are going after the people who decided to drop the charges, but I could be wrong.

Let it go people, you're just wasting money.
God(s) and religions are man made and the bane of humanity. 

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. Ozzy or Twain/take your pick
(June 26, 2019 at 12:27 pm)wyzas Wrote: It sounds like they are going after the people who decided to drop the charges, but I could be wrong.

Sort of like how Smollett wasted the time and resources of the CPD by falsifying police reports and allegations of hate crimes?
“Feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky. Conscious breathing is my anchor.” - Thich Nhat Hanh

(June 26, 2019 at 9:29 pm)EgoDeath Wrote:
(June 26, 2019 at 12:27 pm)wyzas Wrote: It sounds like they are going after the people who decided to drop the charges, but I could be wrong.

Sort of like how Smollett wasted the time and resources of the CPD by falsifying police reports and allegations of hate crimes?

Yeah, he should probably be on the hook for the money. Wouldn't be much of a hardship for him, his sympathetic crowd would help him pay.
God(s) and religions are man made and the bane of humanity. 

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. Ozzy or Twain/take your pick
(June 26, 2019 at 10:26 pm)wyzas Wrote:
(June 26, 2019 at 9:29 pm)EgoDeath Wrote: Sort of like how Smollett wasted the time and resources of the CPD by falsifying police reports and allegations of hate crimes?

Yeah, he should probably be on the hook for the money. Wouldn't be much of a hardship for him, his sympathetic crowd would help him pay.

Some jail time wouldn't hurt him, either. He's actually done something to hurt victims of REAL hate crimes.

Generally unintentional consequences aren't considered criminal, or often, even actionable.
(June 27, 2019 at 11:04 am)Jörmungandr Wrote: Generally unintentional consequences aren't considered criminal, or often, even actionable.

So, you don't think Smollett should be punished? I'm not understanding.

(June 27, 2019 at 12:01 pm)EgoDeath Wrote:
(June 27, 2019 at 11:04 am)Jörmungandr Wrote: Generally unintentional consequences aren't considered criminal, or often, even actionable.

So, you don't think Smollett should be punished? I'm not understanding.

It's an observation on legal realities, not moral ones.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bounty Hunters found not guilty in case of gunning down innocent black man Cecelia 21 275 August 3, 2019 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Trump responds to special counsel Robert Mueller’s statement: ‘The case is closed AtlasS33 21 590 June 7, 2019 at 2:28 am
Last Post: AtlasS33
  One for the Floridasnake files. Gawdzilla Sama 24 238 April 9, 2019 at 3:53 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Lastest development in Smollett case EgoDeath 76 1259 March 12, 2019 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  ACA Struck down by TX federal judge. wyzas 33 1263 December 18, 2018 at 4:18 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Former Nazi Camp guard charged... Brian37 7 168 November 26, 2018 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Here's Another Judge For The Orange Turdfuhrer to Hate Minimalist 1 114 November 23, 2018 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: Jörmungandr
  Another Judge For the WLB to Hate Minimalist 0 74 November 20, 2018 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  NFL Team Considering Former US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice for Head Coach Tres Leches 10 241 November 18, 2018 at 9:56 pm
Last Post: CarveTheFive
  Did I do that? The DOH! Files..... Brian37 12 295 October 15, 2018 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama