Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jussie Smollett indicted again
Jussie Smollett indicted again
https://abcnews.go.com/US/empire-actor-jussie-smollett-indicted-special-prosecutor-chicago/story?id=68918453

Looks like Jussie isn't out of the woods just yet. 

The judge who previously made Smollett's case essentially go away, is no longer a part of the case, and apparently they assigned a special prosecutor to investigate this incident; Jussie Smollett is being indicted once again.

I still doubt he'll ever see the inside of a jail cell, but it's good to see that some amount of justice is going to be served.
If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth.
RE: Jussie Smollett indicted again
Who ?
(February 29, 2020 at 10:05 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Who ?

An actor who pretended to be a victim of a hate crime to further his career. General piece of human trash.
If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth.
Lying to the cops shouldn't be a crime.  It's its own reward.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(February 29, 2020 at 11:08 am)EgoDeath Wrote:
(February 29, 2020 at 10:05 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Who ?

An actor who pretended to be a victim of a hate crime to further his career. General piece of human trash.

It’s nice to know that there are actually likely to be legal consequences to Giving the sort of far-right conspiracy theorists who dismiss literally every bad experience had by a person of color as a fake some actual ammunition.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(February 29, 2020 at 11:40 am)Rev. Rye Wrote:
(February 29, 2020 at 11:08 am)EgoDeath Wrote: An actor who pretended to be a victim of a hate crime to further his career. General piece of human trash.

It’s nice to know that there are actually likely to be legal consequences to Giving the sort of far-right conspiracy theorists who dismiss literally every bad experience had by a person of color as a fake some actual ammunition.

Exactly. Absent ANY verdict against him, we can confidently assume that he’s human trash.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(February 29, 2020 at 11:40 am)Rev. Rye Wrote:
(February 29, 2020 at 11:08 am)EgoDeath Wrote: An actor who pretended to be a victim of a hate crime to further his career. General piece of human trash.

Well, that's arguably the most egregious part of it all. Unfortunately, because of Smollett's actions, when ACTUAL hate crimes occur, it DOES give the right wing whackjobs ammunition to say, "remember Smollett? This guy/girl is probably lying too!" Even if that line of thinking is totally misguided, and the number of people who fake these attacks likely incredibly low, this is one of the unintended consequences of what Smollett did. Whatever point Jussie was trying to make, or whatever battle he believes he's fighting, he's accomplished exactly the opposite of what he set out to, I imagine. So yeah, I think he's a POS.

I watched my cousin get tormented for years by a small group of racist assholes that live in the southern region of my state, and the kid was afraid to go outside for a lot of years. It didnt't help his case that he was also bisexual. But, nevermind all of that - he kid had the confidence of a chipmunk and probably never threw a punch in his life. Even if fighting back would've helped him, it just wasn't something he was capable of. Eventually, I took a trip down there and made a point to these guys. They left him alone after, but unfortunately the wounds from what they already did are the type that dont heal. He was traumatized for a long while after that. This story strikes a very personal chord for me. I fucking cant stand Jussie Smollett. Smug fuck.

(February 29, 2020 at 12:00 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(February 29, 2020 at 11:40 am)Rev. Rye Wrote: It’s nice to know that there are actually likely to be legal consequences to Giving the sort of far-right conspiracy theorists who dismiss literally every bad experience had by a person of color as a fake some actual ammunition.

Exactly. Absent ANY verdict against him, we can confidently assume that he’s human trash.

Boru

They have his text messages and calls that he made to the two guys who he worked with previously on a tv show, talking about the plan. They found a check he wrote to one of them, signed. They have the other two clowns on camera buying masks and a red hat - the disguises that were caught on camera at the scene of the attack (or maybe a block away from where it happened, possibly) The two guys have also decided to testify against Smollett, and met with prosecutors already, with their lawyers.

Yeah, you're right Boru, he's probably innocent! Lol
(March 1, 2020 at 4:17 am)EgoDeath Wrote:
(February 29, 2020 at 11:40 am)Rev. Rye Wrote: It’s nice to know that there are actually likely to be legal consequences to Giving the sort of far-right conspiracy theorists who dismiss literally every bad experience had by a person of color as a fake some actual ammunition.

Well, that's arguably the most egregious part of it all. Unfortunately, because of Smollett's actions, when ACTUAL hate crimes occur, it DOES give the right wing whackjobs ammunition to say, "remember Smollett? This guy/girl is probably lying too!" Even if that line of thinking is totally misguided, and the number of people who fake these attacks likely incredibly low, this is one of the unintended consequences of what Smollett did. Whatever point Jussie was trying to make, or whatever battle he believes he's fighting, he's accomplished exactly the opposite of what he set out to, I imagine. So yeah, I think he's a POS.

I watched my cousin get tormented for years by a small group of racist assholes that live in the southern region of my state, and the kid was afraid to go outside for a lot of years. It didnt't help his case that he was also bisexual. But, nevermind all of that - he kid had the confidence of a chipmunk and probably never threw a punch in his life. Even if fighting back would've helped him, it just wasn't something he was capable of. Eventually, I took a trip down there and made a point to these guys. They left him alone after, but unfortunately the wounds from what they already did are the type that dont heal. He was traumatized for a long while after that. This story strikes a very personal chord for me. I fucking cant stand Jussie Smollett. Smug fuck.

(February 29, 2020 at 12:00 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Exactly. Absent ANY verdict against him, we can confidently assume that he’s human trash.

Boru

They have his text messages and calls that he made to the two guys who he worked with previously on a tv show, talking about the plan. They found a check he wrote to one of them, signed. They have the other two clowns on camera buying masks and a red hat - the disguises that were caught on camera at the scene of the attack (or maybe a block away from where it happened, possibly) The two guys have also decided to testify against Smollett, and met with prosecutors already, with their lawyers.

Yeah, you're right Boru, he's probably innocent! Lol

I never said he was innocent, nor did I say there was no evidence against him.  Read what I wrote instead of what you wish I wrote.

Boru
Or maybe just say what you mean instead of hiding behind sarcasm.
As others said, this does create suspicion when real victims report. The whole boy that cried wolf schtick
Same thing with women that falsely report rape

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Former judge files new motions pushing for special prosecutor in Jussie Smollett case EgoDeath 15 1501 July 1, 2019 at 12:21 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Lastest development in Smollett case EgoDeath 76 6562 March 12, 2019 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Another Russki Indicted....NRA Cocksucker to Boot! Minimalist 10 968 July 17, 2018 at 10:00 am
Last Post: vorlon13