Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
do any of you think im to young
do any of you think im to young
im 16-17 im gay lol.anyway i am going out with a 37 year old man who i like.however my mum and dad have just found out and have flipped out big time.they say im to young im just a kid and even if i was 18 and a legal adult i was still to young to be with him as i would socially still be a kid. lol whatever that means.
but anways since i think people on this forum are quite clever and also people on this forum range from teens,young adults,middle aged adults,and seniors i think it would be a great if yoo could answer my thread.
RE: do any of you think im to young
Actually, I think you're too young for posting on a computer.

To answer your question, from 13-21 years of age, the body is still developing, and thus the mind. So caution is advised.

The point of a strong parental relationship is to handle shit like this - I suggest you tap your parental figures for advice and guidance.
(January 31, 2011 at 7:22 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote: Actually, I think you're too young for posting on a computer.

To answer your question, from 13-21 years of age, the body is still developing, and thus the mind. So caution is advised.

The point of a strong parental relationship is to handle shit like this - I suggest you tap your parental figures for advice and guidance.

they are not speaking to me
When I said parental figures, I meant those who act as a parent to you, regardless of lineage or biology.
(January 31, 2011 at 7:22 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote: Actually, I think you're too young for posting on a computer.

how old are you ?
20.6666667 years old.
I'm 62.whateverthefuck and I agree with Moros.

Over here the guy would be arrested in most states.

P.S. It does sound as if your parents could have done a better job with this.
(January 31, 2011 at 7:44 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I'm 62.whateverthefuck and I agree with Moros.

Over here the guy would be arrested in most states.

P.S. It does sound as if your parents could have done a better job with this.

what do you mean better job
Josh, I think that your parents mean well. I might lose my shit and act a little less than nurturing if I were approached with that information about my son. I don't think it is because your parents are trying to be mean. I think it is because they are wondering what kind of middle-aged man wants to date a man who is practically still a boy (please don't take offense to that, as none is meant).

As for my opinion, for what it is, I do think you are too young. People your age should be dating people your age because you are at the same stage developmentally. Once you are, say, ten years older, age differences matter much less because development ceases.

(January 31, 2011 at 7:55 pm)joshgold17 Wrote: what do you mean better job

I could be wrong, but I think he means your parents could have handled their approach to talking to you about this better.

In my opinion, if their approach had worked, you would understand their position and not be looking for the advice of near strangers in an internet forum instead of respecting the advice of your parents.

Josh, I've always gotten on better with older people - even when I was your age. Trust me when I say that three years from now, you'll think that 17 was incredibly young, and 3 years after that 20 will seem the same way. You will change drastically. It's okay to have older friends, but I would hold off having relationships with them for now.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you think historical accuracy matters much in modern entertainment Woah0 30 1700 September 20, 2022 at 1:05 am
Last Post: Woah0
  Parent Trap movie, do you think Lindsay Lohan does British English well in it? Sweden83 6 954 December 5, 2020 at 2:50 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Unhinged movie, what you think of it? Sweden83 5 464 December 3, 2020 at 1:44 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  South Park. What you think of Cartman? Snideon 10 572 July 10, 2020 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: mediocrates
Heart American Gods & The Young Pope AnubisBarba 4 421 March 25, 2020 at 4:48 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Any of you attend a Christian University/high school. What were your thoughts? Atomic Lava 19 2159 November 20, 2019 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Atomic Lava
Question What do you think of this new indian spiritual guru ? Megabullshit 4 824 April 13, 2019 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: Megabullshit
  are any of you honest enough to simply answer the question asked? Drich 120 10763 February 13, 2019 at 9:52 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Any of you guys experience this? (Part 2) Foxaèr 6 1697 June 18, 2018 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Something young kids today will never understand Foxaèr 114 12577 June 2, 2018 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: Little lunch