Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 8:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you could have a conversation with anyone..
If you could have a conversation with anyone..
This could be someone from the past or present.. Who would it be? What would you ask them?

Mine would be with Donald Trump.. I would ask two questions. "Who does your hair?" and "Do you think it looks good?"
RE: If you could have a conversation with anyone..
I wish I could have a long conversation with my 16 year old self.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(July 19, 2019 at 7:24 pm)chimp3 Wrote: I wish I could have a long conversation with my 16 year old self.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^
That's a good answer.

I would talk with Henry Thoreau about his otherwise vague religious ideas.
If I thought it wouldn't turn into a shit storm I would like to have a conversation with momzilla to find out what the hell she was thinking when she was doing stuff like taping our mouths shut when we (my siblings and me) were young. I am sure her reasons for unreasonable behavior would be fascinating.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(July 19, 2019 at 7:24 pm)chimp3 Wrote: I wish I could have a long conversation with my 16 year old self.

For me that would be fruitless.

If I am wiser than my 16 year old self, then my 16 year old self will refuse to listen to anything I say on principle.

If I am less wise than my 16 year old self,  then I will refuse to listen anything my 16 year old says on principle.

The chance of my being precisely as unwise as my 16 year old self, so we perfectly complimenting each other’s doofusness in manner and speech, is infinitesimal.
(July 19, 2019 at 8:40 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote:

For me that would be fruitless.

If I am wiser than my 16 year old self, then my 16 year old self will refuse to listen to anything I say on principle.

If I am less wise than my 16 year old self,  then I will refuse to listen anything my 16 year old says on principle.

The chance of my being precisely as unwise as my 16 year old self, so we perfectly complimenting each other’s doofusness in manner and speech, is infinitesimal.

If my 16 year old self saw his 60 year old self trying to talk sense to him he would shit himself. If otherwise unproductive as a teaching experience, then at least I would have the shits and giggles.

(July 19, 2019 at 9:13 pm)chimp3 Wrote:
(July 19, 2019 at 8:40 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: For me that would be fruitless.

If my 16 year old self saw his 60 year old self trying to talk sense to him he would shit himself. If otherwise unproductive as a teaching experience, then at least I would have the shits and giggles.

If my 16 year self saw his 50 year old self trying to talk sense to him he would be like “dude, what’s your problem?”

And he would be right.  If his older self is so delusional as to try to talk sense to his younger self, then the older self clearly has problems.
There are many... hard to pick one.

Maybe Miguel de Cervantes.
I would also want to talk to Moses or a Moses era person. I would try to convince him or her to advocate for boiling your water before you drink it. I don't think I would have many questions of this person. I already know better.

I would also want to talk to Moses or a Moses era person. I would try to convince him or her to advocate for boiling your water before you drink it. I don't think I would have many questions of this person. I already know better.

chimp3I would also want to talk to Moses or a Moses era person. I would try to convince him or her to advocate for boiling your water before you drink it. I don't think I would have many questions of this person. I already know better.

Yeah, but wine taste better than boiled water.   

Realistically, water is amongst the most energy intensive substances to heat.   the energy requirements for boiling a liter of water is comparable to that required to smelt ?2. s z a pound of copper.  So boiling all the water it drinks is probably not a sustainable proposition For most Bronze Age cultures

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Would you still cook if you diddn't have to? Angrboda 41 2092 October 30, 2023 at 3:40 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Have anyone seen this old video? purplepurpose 4 516 May 19, 2023 at 10:32 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Where would you go if you could? Brian37 24 1969 August 18, 2021 at 6:56 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  I could change my username again...... Foxaèr 29 1462 June 7, 2020 at 8:23 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Anyone else have that "weird" friend? Atomic Lava 31 2537 November 28, 2019 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  "Top 10 Shows That Could Be The Next Game of Thrones." Gawdzilla Sama 11 914 May 21, 2019 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  If you could Cod 20 2183 December 25, 2018 at 1:13 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  If you could live in a fairy tale Foxaèr 35 5979 November 11, 2018 at 7:37 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  If you could look like any celebrity The Industrial Atheist 30 4746 April 23, 2018 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  We could be villains The Valkyrie 31 3001 April 19, 2018 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet