Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else have that "weird" friend?
Anyone else have that "weird" friend?
I'd like to hear your stories if you do or did. 

I have a friend like this. The guy is really strange. He often talks about how he doesn't need school or friends because he is too "intelligent" for the average person. He also thinks he can say the N word just as long as it's not to black people. Like wtf man?! And heaven forbid you eat something that is "unhealthy" around him. Or else he will lecture you and tell you why his diet is superior compared to yours. Oh yeah. And he, gets this brags about how he shits at the same time every day. lmfao like what the hell?
RE: Anyone else have that "weird" friend?
I know a woman who thinks we should go to the barter system, because some of our money has pictures of the Queen on it.  In addition to supporting monarchism, using money also supports religion, because the Queen is the titular head of the Church of England.

This is the same woman who rails against acapella singing, since 'acapella' means 'from the chapel'.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
That’s not weird that’s an asshole
(November 26, 2019 at 8:54 am)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: That’s not weird that’s an asshole

Yeah - you're right.

(November 26, 2019 at 8:54 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I know a woman who thinks we should go to the barter system, because some of our money has pictures of the Queen on it.  In addition to supporting monarchism, using money also supports religion, because the Queen is the titular head of the Church of England.

This is the same woman who rails against acapella singing, since 'acapella' means 'from the chapel'.

Boru

In the words of Bill Maher Americans will get Christy when it comes to anything. Including money! haha
I have two long time friends, nicknamed Bert and Ernie. When I first moved to Missouri in '07 they were building a V-1 Buzzbomb engine to mount on their old pickup. Happily for them it blew up during static stand testing. They had been together since the '80s but "we're not gay!" As soon as same sex marriage became legal they got married. Then they moved to Montana to an enclave where they built a sprawling house that included a deck that was about 1/3 acre overlooking "their" valley. Naturally they put a hot tub on the deck, up close to the house. And one fall day they saw a bear on the deck. They love animals but they had chosen Karelian bear dogs as their #1 canine pets. The dogs were doing their bear dog thing and the bear was open as well. They managed to get the dogs locked up and the bear settled down. But it kept coming back and they finally had to board the dogs in Denver.

They talked to a state wildlife person who told them they were going to be grandparents. The sow bear had created a den under their hot tub and settled down for the winter. Next spring they had three bears on the deck. Or rather, the bears had two humans on their deck. Bert and Ernie had to exit the property through the garage at speed to avoid being seen as a threat by the sow.

Next year they built a fence around the base of the deck. LOL Bear was briefly slowed down, briefly.

Bear was declared winner. Bert and Ernie moved away from the bears. To Queensland. They're now sharing a house with a very nice gay couple from Bali. They fly back to the states each year to check on their house and the bear.

But you were asking about weird friends? Nope, ain't got none of those.
I heard a joke that any group large enough has a weird friend. If you can't figure out who your weird friend is, it's because you're the weird friend.

My group had a weird friend because his family had a lot of property for us to play on, so of course we played with their kid. Sometimes he'd come out, saying he could play for 5-10 minutes. We thought that was weird, until we found out he wasn't really supposed to be outside, and just figured he had 5 minutes or so before they found out he was gone. He was also homeschooled, so he had some odd social quirks.

He was mostly an ok guy, though.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I am the weird friend.
Dying to live, living to die.
I do not have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, but if I did, sure as eyes on a spider it'd be weird.
If I say no what does that make me?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(November 26, 2019 at 1:52 pm)brewer Wrote: If I say no what does that make me?
You know the answer to that.   Cool

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Borders are weird Foxaèr 5 519 October 28, 2023 at 2:56 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Have anyone seen this old video? purplepurpose 4 512 May 19, 2023 at 10:32 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Anyone else planting dandelions? arewethereyet 5 717 May 1, 2021 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Did anyone else attend HumanLight zoom meeting last night? Apollo 8 1040 December 25, 2020 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: Apollo
  Weird Proposals onlinebiker 35 2971 May 7, 2020 at 4:31 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Does anyone else remember...? Cecelia 20 1753 July 30, 2019 at 8:26 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  If you could have a conversation with anyone.. Cod 42 4806 July 21, 2019 at 12:33 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Weird ad on bus today ignoramus 21 1922 November 27, 2018 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: Cato
  Anyone else had an AF meet up? About to lose my virginity Whateverist 52 8432 April 29, 2018 at 9:12 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Anybody else overthink the most basic shit? Kookaburra 19 1995 March 22, 2018 at 11:49 pm
Last Post: Martian Mermaid