Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My fellow irreligious folks
My fellow irreligious folks
If you had to choose a religion what would it be?

I always said, when I was a kid, that I'd be a Buddhist if I had to choose a religion. Now I'm not sure. Satanism maybe? To freak people out? For a laugh? I dunno.

How about you?

And also actually, the religious among these forums, if you had to replace your religion with another what would it be?
RE: My fellow irreligious folks
I like the idea of Buddhism too. It doesn't require a god, and it has some interesting Eastern traditions like mindfulness meditation that are supposed to be beneficial. And I like some of the Buddhist ideas about compassion and the nature of suffering. But of course, being irreligious, I prefer not to completely buy into any one system of thought, at the exclusion of others.
[Image: 186305514v6_480x480_Front_Color-Black-1.jpg]
Some form of paganism maybe...something nature related.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(February 6, 2011 at 4:10 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: Some form of paganism maybe...something nature related.

Ah yes, I almost got into paganism as well, but almost immediately I dropped the supernatural stuff. Now I just stand in awe and appreciation of nature. Don't need a religion to do that.
[Image: 186305514v6_480x480_Front_Color-Black-1.jpg]
I'm just in it for the orgies.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Some version of 'paganism' that allows for satan, zen buddhism, orgies, oh and won't jump up and down about not being in a particular place @ a particular time performing a particluar ritual....

Italian shoes....yeah...six pairs!
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(February 6, 2011 at 2:29 pm)DoubtVsFaith Wrote: And also actually, the religious among these forums, if you had to replace your religion with another what would it be?

I'd rather be an atheist instead of choosing a different religion.

But since atheism is not a religion, I guess no religion for me at all because I can't force myself into believing in a religion if I don't believe in it.
I cannot conceive myself having a religion...

thesummerqueen Wrote:I'm just in it for the orgies.

Oh wait, I'll be a pagan too then w00t!
If I wasnt for a universlist monotheist I would like to be in the know of the truth if that were possible. If the truth is Islam, I would like to be a muslim, if the truth was christianity I would like to be a christian, etc.

Thanks
(February 6, 2011 at 2:29 pm)DoubtVsFaith Wrote: If you had to choose a religion what would it be?

I always said, when I was a kid, that I'd be a Buddhist if I had to choose a religion. Now I'm not sure. Satanism maybe? To freak people out? For a laugh? I dunno.

How about you?

And also actually, the religious among these forums, if you had to replace your religion with another what would it be?

Surprisingly my choice would be the more Liberal strands of Christianity. Because it is generally quite rationalistic and emphasizes the better parts of the Christian message (love your fellow man, turn the other cheek and like that).
undefined

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Personal experience says religious folks are more prone to mental diseases ErGingerbreadMandude 20 7815 August 9, 2017 at 11:11 am
Last Post: Astonished
  How do religious folks reconcile violent concepts in "peaceful" Abrahamic religions? AceBoogie 57 10867 April 28, 2017 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: Huggy Bear
  what do you folks think about this religion? tigerlove 18 1871 December 8, 2016 at 7:02 am
Last Post: chimp3
  Unaffiliated/irreligious people isn't evidence of anything good TheMessiah 13 3798 June 14, 2015 at 10:25 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Some Folks Just Can't Believe Secularone 22 7149 September 16, 2009 at 3:25 am
Last Post: fr0d0