Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are leaders usually not threatened by violence?
Why are leaders usually not threatened by violence?
When I say leaders I mean CEOs of billionaire companies, presidents, prime ministers, etc.

Many of these "leaders" (rather criminals), do extremely evil things. Take for example pharmaceutics: many have sickened or killed people just to get more profit. Even though there are lawsuits and discontent, the CEOs of these companies know they are safe. Nobody, even the victims, will try to physically harm them for revenge. Same with politicians who steal and do harm to society. 

You may say that many of these people have bodyguards, protection, etc. Which is true. But that is not always the case. There are many opportunities to harm these people if planned enough. You would think some people would have the courage and intelligence to plan attacks on them.

It seems to me that the answer is that society feels distanced from their leaders and from corporations. When acts of corruption or evils happen people simply tend to accept it.

What do you think?
RE: Why are leaders usually not threatened by violence?
Because, like it or not, they have power. Even if you manage to take your vengeance and eliminate any of them, well, they will always find a way to make those people into martyrs.

Case in point:

You left a legacy
Of butchery and treason we
Took eagerly
And thought you'd get applause

But traitors just get jeers and boos
Not visits to their graves
While Lincoln, who got mixed reviews
Beacause of you, John, now gets only raves

In life, Lincoln was the most divisive president in the history of America. It was bad enough that his election prompted seven states to secede from the union before he even took office. And, in his life, the extreme lengths he took to keep the Union together, up to and including suspending Habeas Corpus, not to mention the way he handled slavery (particularly the Emancipation Proclamation, which freed the slaves seemingly out of spite, except for those in the border states still in the Union, which left the states in rebellion, who didn't recognise the authority of the Union government anyway, meaning it didn't free anyone) didn't help matters. But then, a mentally ill reactionary actor went to the President's booth and shot him in the back of the head. After that, NOBODY said a bad word against him. To this day, he's invariably considered one of the greatest presidents, if not the greatest ever. A list of Wikipedia's surveys of historical scholars shows that the LOWEST he's ever been in any of these surveys is #3. The majority of them, he's at #1. His only rivals in this department are FDR, Washington, and maybe Thomas Jefferson and Teddy Roosevelt. And if he survived to 1869, I'm legitimately not sure he'd be that highly regarded.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
It's the same concept that higher level criminals on the street utilize; they put many layers of separation between themselves and the crimes they're orchestrating.

Don't go shoot your rival, have your friend's little brother's friend go do it.

CEOs, presidents and the like are the most gangster sons of bitches of all. And 99% of them will never see the inside of a cell.
If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth.
"So, Mrs. Lincoln, did you enjoy the play?"
No need to go that far. In the US, two of your last eleven presidents have been shot. 18% seems a fairly high rate.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
[Image: inejiro-asanuma-assassination.jpg]
(August 23, 2019 at 8:36 pm)Macoleco Wrote: When I say leaders I mean CEOs of billionaire companies
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_flight
They may be pricks - but at least least they can buy their own drinks - unlike some unruly indigent bastards I could name.

Evil corporate overlords make great TV villians - but I doubt they are as common as some would like us to believe.
Rich people can be a problem when they have undue influence over our government, but the system that encourages that doesn't have a brain to put a bullet in.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(August 24, 2019 at 6:36 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: No need to go that far. In the US, two of your last eleven presidents have been shot. 18% seems a fairly high rate.

Boru

Yet to this day the most dangerous job still is "Imperator".

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Song Thread: Sex and Violence brewer 0 464 October 17, 2017 at 4:42 pm
Last Post: brewer
  I'm looking for good recipe ideas for the foods that I usually buy from the store WisdomOfTheTrees 1 725 February 5, 2017 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  "Violent video games provide positive reinforcement to elicit violence in Life" ErGingerbreadMandude 17 2216 November 27, 2016 at 12:55 pm
Last Post: MJ the Skeptical
  What do you guys think of Chris Brown after he threatened a woman with a gun? Tarasoft11 47 6605 September 16, 2016 at 1:26 am
Last Post: KevinM1
  Message to any religious users regarding Violence in our community. IanHulett 19 4356 February 19, 2015 at 2:04 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Okay, If Odd Rules Usually Reflect Prior Behavior Jenny A 8 1966 December 18, 2014 at 6:23 am
Last Post: abaris
Tongue Russell Brand Interviews Baptist Church Leaders LOL! Big Blue Sky 6 1840 July 5, 2013 at 8:46 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Gaming: Do You Like The Violence? Kyuuketsuki 56 17577 May 26, 2009 at 2:25 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet