Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making up numbers
Making up numbers
"Teen activist" Gretta Thunberg reaches New York after crossing the Atlantic to" save carbon footprint by not flying".

Ok. We will give the kid points for media savvy. 

She got everyone looking.

But did she save the planet?

Uh.. No... If anything she made things worse.

Think of all the support crew for the sailboat. They burned all sorts of fuel delivering parts and goods needed.

Then think of the media shitstorm - and all the frequent flier miles racked up by reporters traveling back and forth over the Atlantic to cover this story

The reality of the situation - it matters not a bit how much hydrocarbons are expended - we just want something that plays well on TV.
RE: Making up numbers
At work.

Yes. Heavens forbid folks seeking publicity for a cause.

That rich, entitled twit Charles Lindbergh completely watested his and all those engineer's time by flying the Atlantic. We already had boats to do that PLUS the Italians had done it first and better with twelve aircraft.

The German's had already circled the globe by airship.

Stupidit publicity seekers. *Rolls eyes*

Coffee
And were it not for her - we never would have HEARD of global climate change

Right?
At work.

Quite right. Attention seeking twat waffles.
The point of going to the Moon? What was it? Climbing mountains? What a waste of time.

Coffee
(August 28, 2019 at 4:50 pm)Peebo-Thuhlu Wrote: At work.

The point of going to the Moon? What was it? Climbing mountains? What a waste of time.

Coffee

At some point somebody should actually DO some things - rather than giving the appearance of doing so.

If she really wanted to lower her carbon footprint - she should have telecommuted.

Problem - no media shitstorm.

( or a shot at commercial endorsements)
Do things like what? Raise awareness or hype an important issue for the tv watching masses?

An incredible amount of public support is going to be required from them, and judging by your remarks it looks like there needs to be even more hype and outreach before that materializes.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 28, 2019 at 5:10 pm)onlinebiker Wrote:
(August 28, 2019 at 4:50 pm)Peebo-Thuhlu Wrote: At work.

Coffee

At some point somebody should actually DO some things - rather than giving the appearance of doing so.

If she really wanted to lower her carbon footprint - she should have telecommuted.

Yeah, her reducing her own personal carbon foot print clearly would have a greater benefit that a media shitstorm that raises awareness for a few other, say several tens of thousands, people.

In fact I suspect you would be none too sad if she reduced her carbon footprint to zero by killing herself.
(August 28, 2019 at 6:11 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote:
(August 28, 2019 at 5:10 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: At some point somebody should actually DO some things - rather than giving the appearance of doing so.

Yeah, her reducing her own personal carbon foot print clearly would have a greater benefit that a media shitstorm that raises awareness for a few other, say several tens of thousands, people.

In fact I suspect you would be none too sad if she reduced her carbon footprint to zero by killing herself.
You truely are a miserable cunt ain'tcha?

(August 28, 2019 at 5:59 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote: Do things like what?  Raise awareness or hype an important issue for the tv watching masses?

An incredible amount of public support is going to be required from them, and judging by your remarks it looks like there needs to be even more hype and outreach before that materializes.

"Making awareness" of any cause by doing the exact opposite of what one should be doing to solve the problem hardly seems like a great solution....
Mind you, if she had crossed the Atlantic by sailing ship...

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Did you save the world by posting this topic?
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  looks like the orange man group making a come back.. Drich 190 10585 December 25, 2020 at 10:03 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Are we morally responsible for the making of what we purchase? Coveny 5 1034 March 16, 2018 at 10:52 pm
Last Post: rskovride
  At Least The WLB Is Making The Nazis Happy Minimalist 1 666 July 24, 2017 at 6:55 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  What would you think of making this a required safety feature? Ryantology 111 14526 March 4, 2014 at 11:45 pm
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  Taliban making a political statement! Dragonetti 4 1814 January 7, 2014 at 5:57 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
Photo Do you think that politicians should be punnished for making wrong decisions? Big Blue Sky 16 4351 August 20, 2013 at 3:53 pm
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet