Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 19, 2024, 1:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me solve this optoelectronics problem!
Help me solve this optoelectronics problem!
[img][Image: ZgPjzGK.jpg][/img]

The problem is related to optoelectronics, LEDs, semiconductors.

Any idea how to solve this problem? I have found some equations that use those variables, but all of them contain variables that I dont know.

This is a problem of an exam that I have to deliver tomorrow, and we never studied this lol  Huh

PD: The questions asked are: 
-Flux of photons in (s^-1)
-Electrical current injected into the p region
-Emitted optical power in (mW)
RE: Help me solve this optoelectronics problem!
Can you define the nomenclature for the parameters?
(September 24, 2019 at 2:30 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: Can you define the nomenclature for the parameters?

The Ns are: acceptor and donor dopant concentrations in a semiconductor
The Ds are: electron and hole diffusion coefficients
th: transit time of holes
te: transit time of electrons

The other data is: Operating at 1 Volt, 300 K temperature, Area of 1 mm^2,and the external quantum efficiency is 0.5
I can give you the Christian answer- 

Light a candle and pray about it.

If that helps..
Someone asked to see my homework solutions for a Chemistry 101 assignment many moons ago. And then quickly copied one down before I retrieved my homework. If any one ever asked to see my homework solutions again, I told them sure, when it gets handed back to us, graded.  Dodgy 

Dude, you have to do your own work, because if you don't, that brick in the wall will be missing. Can't build an education that way.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(September 24, 2019 at 7:17 pm)Fireball Wrote: Someone asked to see my homework solutions for a Chemistry 101 assignment many moons ago. And then quickly copied one down before I retrieved my homework. If any one ever asked to see my homework solutions again, I told them sure, when it gets handed back to us, graded.  Dodgy 

Dude, you have to do your own work, because if you don't, that brick in the wall will be missing. Can't build an education that way.

Maybe you didnt read the part that says "We didnt study this in class". I dont even know where to start.

I already checked the whole book, and even though some concepts and equations are mentioned, it cant be solved with that information. I have to deliver the exam tomorrow and I dont have time to check a 100 books
(September 24, 2019 at 8:19 pm)Macoleco Wrote:
(September 24, 2019 at 7:17 pm)Fireball Wrote: Someone asked to see my homework solutions for a Chemistry 101 assignment many moons ago. And then quickly copied one down before I retrieved my homework. If any one ever asked to see my homework solutions again, I told them sure, when it gets handed back to us, graded.  Dodgy 

Maybe you didnt read the part that says "We didnt study this in class". I dont even know where to start.

I already checked the whole book, and even though some concepts and equations are mentioned, it cant be solved with that information. I have to deliver the exam tomorrow and I dont have time to check a 100 books

Videos on YouTube don't help?
This is heavy on semiconductor/physics rather than optics/electronics.

I was pretty good at optoelectronics ....20y ago and could have looked stuff up for you in my basement (my notes from uni), but unfortunately on the optics/electronics emphasis.

Only good advice i can give you is a german proverb regarding exams: " (have) courage to have a (knowledge) gap!"  Blush
Cetero censeo religionem delendam esse
I hope you were able to find some help. Hope the exam goes well.
I tried making a 3-d model of the problem.

[Image: bad-cabling.jpg]

This also a cry for help, I've been stuck here for 2 days
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  how to solve the fresh water problem, clean energy rising seas all by digging a ditch Drich 28 5021 December 18, 2015 at 1:06 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Do computers solve the equations yet? watchamadoodle 23 4534 March 28, 2015 at 7:21 am
Last Post: bennyboy