Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 7:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some metal in my eye
Some metal in my eye
Apparently I'm very lucky have sight in my left eye.. How can someone walk about with a chunk of metal stuck in their Iris for over a week without noticing?
Where there is no sense there is no feeling I hear you say Smile
Got to go back to the hospital to have a rust ring removed on Monday. I'm sat here typing this with sunglasses on and a can of lager.

Oh and welcome back everyone.
RE: Some metal in my eye
Welcome back, Cod.  Cool story.  It made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 27, 2019 at 3:30 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Welcome back, Cod.  Cool story.  It made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

Boru

It's a bit sore but I've got some ointment.
Seriously happy for you.  I had a bad experience with metal in my eye when I was 17.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 27, 2019 at 3:40 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Seriously happy for you.  I had a bad experience with metal in my eye when I was 17.

Boru

Did it involve an angle grinder and no safety goggles or was yours something a bit more serious?
(September 27, 2019 at 3:22 pm)Cod Wrote: Apparently I'm very lucky have sight in my left eye.. How can someone walk about with a chunk of metal stuck in their Iris for over a week without noticing?
Where there is no sense there is no feeling I hear you say Smile
Got to go back to the hospital to have a rust ring removed on Monday. I'm sat here typing this with sunglasses on and a can of lager.

Oh and welcome back everyone.

If it was my eye I would need something stronger than lager! (but I'm squeamish about eyes!)
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Ouch! 

Welcome back, btw.
I now for some reason feel the need to go into detail about my injury.
I'm making a hot tub in my back yard.. It's made from 5 pallets stood on end and held together with various screws of various sizes, a ratchet strap and all manor of seals :0. I made a liner out of a tarpaulin then covered that with white Perspex sheeting that I nicked from work. I filled it with water and amazingly it didn't leak.
Anyway, the time came for me to try and heat the thing, so I started modifying an old log burner... I made a copper coil as a heat exchanger and as I was grinding the cast iron log burner to fit it, a lump of metal found it's way into my eye, I didn't feel it go in at all. I had a bath that night but I had trimmed my pubic bush, so when my eye started to hurt I just put it down to a stray hair. I carried on all week at work with some metal rusting away in my eye, I started to look like E T by Thursday so went to A and E.
My hot tub works great by the way.
(September 27, 2019 at 3:44 pm)Cod Wrote:
(September 27, 2019 at 3:40 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Seriously happy for you.  I had a bad experience with metal in my eye when I was 17.

Boru

Did it involve an angle grinder and no safety goggles or was yours something a bit more serious?

Part of a sash weight from the Reading Room.  Enniskillen bombing.

Boru
(September 27, 2019 at 5:04 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(September 27, 2019 at 3:44 pm)Cod Wrote: Did it involve an angle grinder and no safety goggles or was yours something a bit more serious?

Part of a sash weight from the Reading Room.  Enniskillen bombing.

Boru

Frigging hell. I'll stop moaning now.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] A thought I had about some people's view on some things medical and other things ShinyCrystals 15 796 October 22, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  'I Spy' (or is it 'eye spy') vs 'hide and seek' Disagreeable 3 292 January 30, 2022 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Magic Eye Game Foxaèr 50 5430 May 24, 2018 at 7:19 am
Last Post: Joods
  US used 'Christian heavy metal' to torture Iraqi militants Gooders1002 10 3380 February 15, 2013 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: Nine
  Ate a raw fish eye to mock someone that calls themselves a fisherman. Violet 16 6720 July 26, 2011 at 2:24 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  Know what sucks? Flying metal birds! Violet 11 3819 June 13, 2011 at 1:58 pm
Last Post: frankiej
  [split] Full Metal Alchemist leo-rcc 3 2619 July 21, 2009 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Eilonnwy