Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 9:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Books regarding atheism
Books regarding atheism
Hi! I was looking for any atheism-linked books (possibly with PDF). Atheist philosophy in general, informations & mostlikely discussions regarding religion and atheism. Thanks in advance.
RE: Books regarding atheism
Tons out there. And, if you like scifi, PERN is an atheistic planet.
Not specifically atheist, but Carl Sagan's, "The Demon Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark" is a classic on general skepticism with regard to supernatural claims.

Daniel Dennett's "Breaking the Spell: Religion as a Natural Phenomenon" is quite good.

Guy P. Harrison - "50 Reasons People Give for Believing in a God".
Victor Stenger - "God the Failed Hypothesis"
Dan Barker - "Godless: How an Evangelical Preacher Became One of America's Leading Atheists"

Christopher Hitchens, Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris also have good books.

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
The Bible, the Quran, the Book of Mormon.  All fantastic arguments for atheism.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I'm getting nostalgic for the year 2006 just thinking about it. Those were the days, new atheism, Dawkins doing book tours for atheism starved southerners, Hitchens pissing off everyone by defending GW Bush. I was young and read The God Delusion.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

https://skepticsannotatedbible.com/

I've only glanced at this one: https://www.atheismunited.com/wiki/Huge_...t_websites
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Asimov's Guide to the Bible
I still like Dan Dennett's Breaking The Spell
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(November 18, 2019 at 12:53 pm)TrustMeOrNot Wrote: Hi! I was looking for any atheism-linked books (possibly with PDF). Atheist philosophy in general, informations & mostlikely discussions regarding religion and atheism. Thanks in advance.

Seven Types of Atheism, by John Gray

https://www.amazon.com/Seven-Types-Athei...oks&sr=1-1

Administrator Notice
Link removed.
(November 18, 2019 at 4:24 pm)Belacqua Wrote:
(November 18, 2019 at 12:53 pm)TrustMeOrNot Wrote: Hi! I was looking for any atheism-linked books (possibly with PDF). Atheist philosophy in general, informations & mostlikely discussions regarding religion and atheism. Thanks in advance.

Seven Types of Atheism, by John Gray

https://www.amazon.com/Seven-Types-Athei...oks&sr=1-1

Administrator Notice
Link removed.

Total garbage. Dont bother reading that op.

I recommend

The God Delusion by Dawkins

God is Not Great by Hitchens

A Universe from Nothing by Krauss

A Universe of Consciousness by Edelman and Tononi

Theres plenty more i cant think of at the moment.
If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 27108 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Are there any scientific books or studies that explain what makes a person religious? WisdomOfTheTrees 13 2564 February 9, 2017 at 2:33 am
Last Post: Mirek-Polska
  Holy books on trial mcolafson 7 1564 September 29, 2016 at 11:03 pm
Last Post: CWoods
  Favorite Atheist books? TrueChristian 15 4134 December 31, 2015 at 1:24 am
Last Post: maestroanth
  Atheism, Scientific Atheism and Antitheism tantric 33 12468 January 18, 2015 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: helyott
  Do we need more Atheist books for kids? process613 43 7524 November 30, 2014 at 4:14 am
Last Post: fr0d0
  Strong/Gnostic Atheism and Weak/Agnostic Atheism Dystopia 26 12145 August 30, 2014 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Dawsonite
  What we AF users believe regarding gods. Whateverist 30 5126 July 14, 2014 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Books on dealing with suffering rybak303 14 7696 April 20, 2014 at 5:54 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Respectable books on apologetics? simpleinterest 35 7525 April 17, 2014 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: Cato