Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 10:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheist forum Discord
Atheist forum Discord
Is there one?

We have a slack one I guess but I've not used it. What does anyone else think about discord.

This year I have decided I must be more social so, to that end, I'm going to try and participate more on this forum and maybe a discord if that becomes a thing. I'll start one if you want...

I rather like the format and the malleability of it.
RE: Atheist forum Discord
I'm well out of the loop here.
Tibs may be interested. He loves Discord, but several users are only interested in Slack. I don't see why we can't do both.
Why not a slacker discord?
Slack haint got no voice chat!
No.

We mostly get along fairly well.
Dying to live, living to die.
Do you think it would cannibalize our user base and split or connect them better?

I remember when Darwinian created an almost identical forum and it definitely pulled a few people away but there were many that just participated in both forums.
[Image: icon_quote.jpg]Rhizo:
Slack haint got no voice chat!

That's ok, you sound better in my head.
(December 9, 2019 at 8:00 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I'm well out of the loop here.

I connected to discord while playing Ark. I met a person and they told me it was a great way to organize a tribe from the game so I joined and it has been a good way to keep track of people I like playing games with over many games and servers. Hope that helps, if not I can explain more.
I think it could be a good way to get people who prefer voice chat to participate. I'm down with it. Maybe start a thread in the Questions for Staff area. I think staff sometimes glance at that. Lol It'd have to have some moderation to be connected to the forum, but we have very little moderating in Slack and that works fine.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you Discord, bro? Disagreeable 0 202 February 3, 2022 at 8:39 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  Atheist Forum Accent Tag: Round 3!! Clueless Morgan 98 8036 November 28, 2018 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Whats going on with Thinking Atheist forum? Brian37 23 4366 July 1, 2016 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Ideal Atheist Forum Couples Jenny A 212 34740 November 23, 2015 at 2:30 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Owner of Atheist Forum BlackSwordsman 10 2623 June 2, 2014 at 10:16 am
Last Post: LostLocke
Thumbs Up What is atheist forum about? Anomalocaris 14 3881 June 8, 2011 at 1:51 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  What is the Real Purpose of an Atheist Forum? starbucks 21 8420 February 12, 2010 at 10:39 am
Last Post: tavarish
  Last Chance for Atheist Forum T-Shirts Darwinian 25 8496 November 12, 2009 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: Violet