Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 8:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Copycats and an advice
Copycats and an advice
Humans were noted to have "Mirror Neurons"  that copy-cat other creatures' behavior:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirror_neuron

Quote:In humans, brain activity consistent with that of mirror neurons has been found in the premotor cortex, the supplementary motor area, the primary somatosensory cortex, and the inferior parietal cortex.[5] The function of the mirror system in humans is a subject of much speculation. Birds have been shown to have imitative resonance behaviors and neurological evidence suggests the presence of some form of mirroring system.[4][6]
[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirror_neuron#cite_note-6][/url]
I have been a victim of humans "copycatting" me as a form of causing me severe social damage.
When some humans fail to hurt you in the conventional ways, they might resort to hurting you socially; especially if you had social barriers to others.

Hurting one through mirroring every action they do, to the level of total frustration that can turn into a long path of depression, lack of going out, and losing people you know one by one due to gossip.

Copycatting is hard to explain, usually you will feel totally alone -especially if ex-friends are doing it to you-, you will begin seeing your own self sucked.

My advice to anybody facing social-copycatting: block the person doing it after making sure they are your enemies, fight your cravings for the past and move on. Ignoring the copycats is the only way to teach them a lesson; and make their neurons grow so tired of copycatting, don't give them attention because they feed on it and just like monkeys: they'll keep repeating the same attitude.
RE: Copycats and an advice
That's what you got out of that link?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
[Image: 7Xp9.gif]
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(February 2, 2020 at 10:01 am)Gae Bolga Wrote: That's what you got out of that link?

Yes. Especially that its name is "Mirror Neurons",
Your complaints about being teased have nothing to do with mirror neurons, which humans may..and may not, have.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(February 3, 2020 at 5:41 am)Gae Bolga Wrote: Your complaints about being teased have nothing to do with mirror neurons, which humans may..and may not, have.

What I mentioned in the OP isn't "teasing"; it is "bullying". If the people mentioned had the chance; they would've turn to physical damage. Being a bunch of cowards is what made them resort to this kind of bullying.

And take it as a rule: a coward who resorts to physiological damage so enjoys killing you slowly. That's why cutting all ties with this kind of toxic people is the solution.
But that's got fuck all to do with mirror neurons.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(February 4, 2020 at 9:28 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: But that's got fuck all to do with mirror neurons.

Boru

Humans are not monkeys: even if they tried to act like one.
A human copycat needs a justification to use their mirror neurons; here it is to cause psychological damage.
(February 4, 2020 at 9:56 am)AtlasS33 Wrote:
(February 4, 2020 at 9:28 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: But that's got fuck all to do with mirror neurons.

Boru

Humans are not monkeys: even if they tried to act like one.
A human copycat needs a justification to use their mirror neurons; here it is to cause psychological damage.

Yeah, mirror neurons are not something you can opt to use or not use. You should read more about this topic before you make an even bigger jackass of yourself.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I cant believe how somebody is so monumentally misinformed, that even his ability to absorb new information is impared beyond recognition. I feel almost sorry for him.
I guess that is the result of a mindset which tells that you that whatever your interpretation of something you have read is, it is as valid as anyone elses´, if you know what i mean.
Cetero censeo religionem delendam esse

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dating Advice FrustratedFool 77 3573 October 30, 2023 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: BananaFlambe
  [Serious] Relationship Advice zwanzig 8 1355 December 11, 2022 at 1:03 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Dryer exhaust, need advice. Brian37 6 667 June 22, 2019 at 9:38 pm
Last Post: Brian37