Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MedinCell Has Launched a Research Initiative to Formulate Injectable Ivermectin
MedinCell Has Launched a Research Initiative to Formulate Injectable Ivermectin
MedinCell Has Launched a COVID-19 Research Initiative Based on Its Experience to Formulate Long-Acting Injectable Ivermectin

Researchers at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia, have published last Friday a study showing that antiparasitic drug Ivermectin can kill coronavirus in a laboratory setting in under 48 hours. A single treatment is able to effect ∼5000-fold reduction in virus at 48h in cell culture.

Ivermectin has a long track record of use as a safe and effective drug to treat several parasitic diseases.

MedinCell has published data showing that long-acting formulations of Ivermectin can be designed with varying doses and durations with its BEPO® technology and is already leading a program aiming at developing a 3-Month injectable product to fight malaria.

MedinCell has launched a few weeks ago a research initiative on a long-acting injectable formulation of Ivermectin and believes it could have a role to play in Covid-19 management.

Future clinical studies will have to confirm the action of Ivermectin on Covid-19 virus, and the potential effectiveness of a long-acting injectable on its prevention and therefore breaking the chain of transmission.

In case of positive results, a BEPO® technology based long-acting injectable Ivermectin offers a rapidly deployable and affordable solution for a global pandemic.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/2...Experience

Angel

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help me with research! racingboo 0 258 October 12, 2016 at 7:41 am
Last Post: racingboo
  Challenge: Formulate a guide to win a Nobel Prize ErGingerbreadMandude 17 2424 February 3, 2016 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: c172
  Choose an interesting topic for me to research. Reforged 12 3182 November 13, 2015 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: TheRealJoeFish
  Facebook Research DramaQueen 4 1063 September 20, 2014 at 9:35 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Can you help me with some primary research? Gooders1002 10 2380 December 12, 2013 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: Gooders1002
  Academic research beliefstudy 5 1085 August 30, 2012 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [STUDY] Dissertation Research Study Needs Atheists happyhappa 26 7786 January 30, 2012 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: happyhappa
  Participate in my research study on atheists UCCResearcher 20 3851 June 3, 2011 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: Violet