Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Story
My Story

I have spent most of my life believing in god, with a long period in my teens and early twenties not caring, not really believing one way or the other, then married a fundy, for a number of years was full on christian, mainly in the hope that god would make my marriage bearable, and my ex into a decent father and husband. Well that never happened, so then for the past 15 years i was moving away from any belief, first very slowly, and then recently admitting I was an atheist, and had been for a while, without acknowledging it.

In a way it was the final straw for my marriage, which wasn't healthy for me anyway, but now I found the courage to leave, or rather no reason to stay.
Now I am free, enjoying life hugely and finding what I want out of life. I love good discussions and reading widely, and are at present going though some of the threads.
I want for myself what I want for other women, absolute equality (Agnes Macphail
RE: My Story
Hello there, dear.

I suspect what you have found out is that anyone who spends more time pretending to worry about the "next life" rather than enjoying this one is a schmuck to begin with. We have a few like that around here. Feel free to abuse them. You'll know them when you see them.

Meanwhile, enjoy yourself.

Welcome, Darklady, to AF and to atheism! May you enjoy both.

I'm new here, too and have met some really nice people who gave me such a good welcome.

There are many intelligent Christians, no doubt, but an "intellectual Christian", is surely an oxymoron.
Definitely big welcome - may you find sanctuary.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Welcome to the forums Smile
Entaro Adun, noble traveler!

Gather round, you are welcomed.
Welcome to the forum Darklady.Thats quite a sultry name youve chosen for yourself there.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Welcome from OZ Darklady Hi

Sanctuary is here for all those daughters not of Eve, enjoy your stay Angel Cloud
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello from south florida! My coming out story... FollowingFeynman89 7 790 May 15, 2023 at 2:04 pm
Last Post: Kingpin
  Funny and humiliating deconversion story nickbarca 6 595 October 14, 2020 at 10:10 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  The Story of Dance Dancefortwo 15 1313 September 28, 2018 at 6:06 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Doc's story, take 2 Dr H 15 1499 September 27, 2018 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Just joined – here's my story! GeorgiasTelescope 20 4109 June 25, 2017 at 4:25 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  My conversion story A Handmaid 9 1636 September 8, 2016 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: Kernel Sohcahtoa
  My Story lkomza 12 1231 July 16, 2016 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Hello everyone....a friendly, new Atheist's story LovingBeing 16 3293 December 28, 2014 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Hi, this is my story KentuckySkeptic224 32 6351 October 2, 2014 at 3:22 am
Last Post: Losty
  My embarassing story and a favor dsquared 8 2673 June 10, 2014 at 9:48 am
Last Post: Napoléon