Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 4:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have you ever been ghosted?

I now leave out the question "why" - because that is the special thing with ghosting that you are NEVER told the reason for it!
RE: Have you ever been ghosted?
I was seeing a women for close to 6 months and "things were going great" Then towards the end went quiet. Then she messaged me saying that she dated another guy and that it never worked out with them.
I wasn't happy with that and we agreed to talk things over. In the end she never text me again even though she had arrange a meet up.
From there I moved on, gave her a couple of months then removed her from social media and never contacted her again. And yes it is the cowards way, she has to try her best now to avoid me and I love that, I mean do I still mean that much to her lol.
If she called me tomorrow she'll be told to Fuck Off.
Ghosting is a form of mental abuse.
I haven't been ghosted by anyone I've been in a relationship with or ghosted them.

I've ghosted people and been ghosted by people I've been dating or talking to and been about to go on a date with.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

I have been ghosted once in real life.
From one day to the next. Abruptly.
With no explanation given. It was just terrible.

Half a year later I got some kind of explanation.
But I still think that it was quite an absurd explanation.
Wow, I'm getting severe deja vu from this thread.

A couple of people have tried.

I "ghosted" them first.
Dying to live, living to die.
I'm not familiar with the term. Is being ghosted the same thing as being stalked by someone?  Huh
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
Here is a short explanation:

Quote:When a person cuts off all communication with their friends or the person they're dating, with zero warning or notice before hand.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p...m=Ghosting
(May 4, 2020 at 9:25 am)Gwaithmir Wrote: I'm not familiar with the term. Is being ghosted the same thing as being stalked by someone?  Huh

It's sort of the opposite of stalking.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(May 4, 2020 at 9:25 am)Gwaithmir Wrote: Is being ghosted the same thing as being stalked by someone?  Huh

No.
Rather the contrary.

(May 4, 2020 at 12:20 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(May 4, 2020 at 9:25 am)Gwaithmir Wrote: I'm not familiar with the term. Is being ghosted the same thing as being stalked by someone?  Huh

It's sort of the opposite of stalking.

Exactly!

(May 4, 2020 at 9:25 am)Gwaithmir Wrote: Is being ghosted the same thing as being stalked by someone?  Huh

I have written about my own experience:

I have been ghosted once in real life.
From one day to the next. Abruptly.
With no explanation given. It was just terrible.

Half a year later I got some kind of explanation.
But I still think that it was quite an absurd explanation.

Did that sound like   being stalked? Huh Angel Doh

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] What Is The Hardest Thing You’ve Ever Done? BrianSoddingBoru4 23 1696 July 17, 2023 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Have you ever met a stranger? Gawdzilla Sama 11 990 June 24, 2023 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Been living in Japan for a week AMA Macoleco 17 1381 June 5, 2022 at 8:08 pm
Last Post: Belacqua
  Getting to know you - do you have kids, etc. arewethereyet 39 2746 September 28, 2021 at 10:51 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Have you ever "ghosted" someone? Why? EgoDeath 30 3879 June 29, 2020 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
  Where I’ve been BrokenQuill92 13 1097 November 21, 2019 at 9:07 am
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Should you ever get revenge through abuse? Der/die AtheistIn 10 1097 March 21, 2019 at 9:46 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Is it possible for someone to have a plan and not have one at the same time? Der/die AtheistIn 9 1019 March 4, 2019 at 2:30 pm
Last Post: Rahn127