Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 12:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have you ever "ghosted" someone? Why?
Have you ever "ghosted" someone? Why?
We've all dealt with difficult people in our lives; whether they were crazy, annoying, angry, negative, or whatever else. Sometimes, we end these relationships somewhat directly and, hopefully, amicably. Sometimes it sucks when friendships/relationships end, sometimes it's for the better, and sometimes it feels like lifting a million pounds off of your shoulders.

Ghosting someone is basically cutting contact with someone with no heads up, no end of relationship conversation - nothing. I've also been ghosted one time as well, and to be honest I'm actually glad that the person stopped contacting me. It's a long story, but we were lifelong best friends until I recently discovered some disturbing things about him... and while I tried to look past that and maintain some kind of friendship, he pretty much ghosted me and everyone else we grew up with. He lives in my city and even though people say they see him around all the time, he doesn't say hello to anyone or exchange numbers with any of us.

Looking back, I'm actually glad this person ghosted me, though I was admittedly a little upset about it at first.

However, sometimes getting ghosted sucks, but it makes you wonder, "was there something so irritating/disturbing about me that this person cut contact with no warning?"

I don't know if I've ever ghosted someone... at least I cannot think of a specific person or incident. I do know that I've slowly backed away from plenty of relationships without ever really confronting people. At the end of the day, very few people are mature enough to examine their own faults and hear you out about why you don't want to hang out/be with them anymore.

I feel like, 90% of the time it's just probably not worth having that conversation, unless you truly feel like you owe it to them to explain why you'll no longer be around. But sometimes the crazy is just too much or they're just too toxic.

Have you guys ever ghosted somebody? And why?
If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth.
RE: Have you ever "ghosted" someone? Why?
I think it depends on the level of ghosting.

I don’t say hello to many classmates who I met last semester. And they don’t either.

But when it comes to long term relationships, contact simply fades away.

I think it just happened once with a female classmate. She is a little crazy.
(August 22, 2019 at 8:35 pm)Macoleco Wrote: I think it depends on the level of ghosting.

I don’t say hello to many classmates who I met last semester. And they don’t either.

But when it comes to long term relationships, contact simply fades away.

I think it just happened once with a female classmate. She is a little crazy.

Yea, I've mostly just faded out of people's lives or them out of mine.

As far as classmates... I rarely say hello. Or if I do, it's hi and bye. I'm not going to sit there and pretend like I want to have a conversation with someone who I never associated with back then just to appear polite. Ew. lol
If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth.
I ghosted a certain former Buddhist monk.
Yes, because they really pissed me off and continuing was pointless.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
"Just walk away" is sometimes the best course of action.
I don't think I've ever ghosted someone, not deliberately.  I've always tried to make it a point to tell people why I'm ending my relationship with them. Not always loud, not always profane, but always sincerely telling them why I think a point has been reached where I want nothing further to do with them.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
The hex-wife walked away from me, and left her challenged son behind as well. It was a bit of fun finding someone to take him.
Poor kid.

I had such a toxic time in grade school that as soon as I graduated, I did whatever I could to sever all ties to ANYONE who was there, classmates or faculty.

Also, I had a teacher when I was in Columbia and she ended up giving me such a hard time, always finding some way to keep me after class to dress me down and eventually having me briefly suspended from school, I decided that, when the semester was over, I would not have any contact with her. The next semester, she actually tried to greet me like nothing had happened. I walked away. "Okay, so don't wave," she said.

That's pretty much it. Honestly, being on the autism spectrum and having such a crappy childhood, I don't really make friends, especially IRL. I more have acquaintances that I don't always bother to maintain, but those are the only times I can remember actively working to ghost someone.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] What Is The Hardest Thing You’ve Ever Done? BrianSoddingBoru4 23 1680 July 17, 2023 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Have you ever met a stranger? Gawdzilla Sama 11 973 June 24, 2023 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Getting to know you - do you have kids, etc. arewethereyet 39 2725 September 28, 2021 at 10:51 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Have you ever been ghosted? Dundee 15 1586 May 6, 2020 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Why do I feel so awkward when someone refuses a present from me? Der/die AtheistIn 21 2155 March 30, 2020 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  Someone close to me....... Brian37 21 1679 May 4, 2019 at 12:22 pm
Last Post: AgnosAtheis
  When someone wishes to abuse cuts the contact Der/die AtheistIn 8 966 April 2, 2019 at 10:03 am
Last Post: Brian37
  What happens when someone fakes being abused? Der/die AtheistIn 16 1664 April 1, 2019 at 6:31 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Should you ever get revenge through abuse? Der/die AtheistIn 10 1091 March 21, 2019 at 9:46 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Do you think ignoring someone completely is sometimes a good idea? Der/die AtheistIn 12 1027 March 21, 2019 at 9:13 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath