Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have you ever met a stranger?
Have you ever met a stranger?
If so, what was it like?

Myself, no strangers, ever, just people I've just met.

For example: Grocery store line moving slowly. I start chatting with the lady ahead of me. We have a few laughs and finally get our food into bags.

As we're walking to the car Sharon says "Where do you know her from?"

"Never seen her before."

"You sounded like you'd both served on the same ship."

"Nah, just a soul I ran into today."
RE: Have you ever met a stranger?
Well, some of the people I've met have been stranger than other people I've met. 

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(June 23, 2023 at 6:27 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Well, some of the people I've met have been stranger than other people I've met. 

Boru

Hey, I resemble that remark! (Attributed to the great Curly Howard.)
Every time I look in a mirror.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Met?

Yes.

Killed?

Dying to live, living to die.
I was good at small talk with people when I was a bartender back in the day.

Meeting strangers now is not comfortable. My preference is to be as invisible as possible.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(June 23, 2023 at 10:40 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: I was good at small talk with people when I was a bartender back in the day.

Meeting strangers now is not comfortable.  My preference is to be as invisible as possible.

But did you write unwed mother stories?
people are strange...
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend.
(June 24, 2023 at 5:36 am)no one Wrote: I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend.

♫Living in a fisheye lens
Caught in the camera eye
I have no heart to lie
I can't pretend a stranger
Is a long-awaited friend♫

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] What Is The Hardest Thing You’ve Ever Done? BrianSoddingBoru4 23 1697 July 17, 2023 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Getting to know you - do you have kids, etc. arewethereyet 39 2753 September 28, 2021 at 10:51 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Have you ever "ghosted" someone? Why? EgoDeath 30 3886 June 29, 2020 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
  Have you ever been ghosted? Dundee 15 1590 May 6, 2020 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Should you ever get revenge through abuse? Der/die AtheistIn 10 1100 March 21, 2019 at 9:46 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Is it possible for someone to have a plan and not have one at the same time? Der/die AtheistIn 9 1022 March 4, 2019 at 2:30 pm
Last Post: Rahn127