Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bassackwards Logic
Bassackwards Logic
Ever run into some governmental or corporate rule or regulation that goes against all logic? Post it here.

Real life example:

My SO has been making extra payments and last week she paid off her student loan.

Consequently - we have no debt whatsoever. Everything we have - we own. 

Her credit score went down 10 points.

Huh
RE: Bassackwards Logic
Which credit reporting agency? Mine varies by 30 points among the four.
(June 9, 2020 at 10:57 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Which credit reporting agency? Mine varies by 30 points among the four.

Dunno. I'll ask.. She checked it several times before and it kept coming up the same. (Using one agency)
(June 9, 2020 at 10:59 am)onlinebiker Wrote:
(June 9, 2020 at 10:57 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Which credit reporting agency? Mine varies by 30 points among the four.

Dunno. I'll ask.. She checked it several times before and it kept coming up the same. (Using one agency)

You can challenge a report you think is wonky.
Want to survive? Work yourself to death.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(June 9, 2020 at 11:05 am)Eleven Wrote: Want to survive? Work yourself to death.

LOL. I did twenty years in the USN and then got to do 15 years at Uni without incurring any debt at all at the end. I currently get twice was much from the dear taxpayers as Boss Lady makes on a forty-hour-a-week job.

So it's just how you choose your path. Cool
(June 9, 2020 at 11:00 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(June 9, 2020 at 10:59 am)onlinebiker Wrote: Dunno. I'll ask.. She checked it several times before and it kept coming up the same. (Using one agency)

You can challenge a report you think is wonky.
We would - were we seeking a loan - but we are not.

I just find it amusing.

Fun is, where you find it.
(June 9, 2020 at 10:54 am)onlinebiker Wrote: Ever run into some governmental or corporate rule or regulation that goes against all logic? Post it here.

Real life example:

My SO has been making extra payments and last week she paid off her student loan.

Consequently - we have no debt whatsoever. Everything we have - we own. 

Her credit score went down 10 points.

Huh

Credit ratings are more determined by how you manage debt, not so much by how much debt you carry. I once paid off a 20 year mortgage in a little less than 8 years. Didn’t do my rating much good.

To the general topic, there used to be a billboard on one of the main highways into town which read ‘TEXTING WHILE DRIVING KILLS. TEXT 7281 [or whatever the number was] FOR MORE INFORMATION’.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
That actually makes sense because now she has debt potential that is untapped. If you want to amuse yourself further, have her obtain a few credit cards and use them to around 30% and watch that rating soar!

Credit ratings aren't meant to score how "good" you are, or how independent from debt you are, but are more related to how ensnared you are in the game. I had a credit score of 640 while I had outstanding debt of about $22,000.00 which represented 102% utilization of my cards (one of which allowed me to go past my limit before locking me down!). With my economy stalled, and needing more money to work on my house and just to live comfortably, I found the solution...

Upgrade.com! A loan solution designed to consolidate my debt! They gave me a $20,000 loan (At a userous 10% apr) that cost $1000 so I netted 19,000 to disperse to my hungry credit cards. I did that and further racked up debt as I took my wife out drinking and on trips to the beach along with actual household building materials and sundry tools. When we eventually talked to the loan officer my credit score had gone up to 760!

It is a shell game and we are going to win it here in a couple of weeks by selling our house (Contracts are signed, the people have accepted our counter offer to their repair addendum, just waiting for the appraisal) and paying off our debt! REALLY we are just going to have a higher house payment and no debt so that pea has slipped under a different cup.
(June 9, 2020 at 11:47 am)Rhizomorph13 Wrote: That actually makes sense because now she has debt potential that is untapped. If you want to amuse yourself further, have her obtain a few credit cards and use them to around 30% and watch that rating soar!

Credit ratings aren't meant to score how "good" you are, or how independent from debt you are, but are more related to how ensnared you are in the game. I had a credit score of 640 while I had outstanding debt of about $22,000.00 which represented 102% utilization of my cards (one of which allowed me to go past my limit before locking me down!). With my economy stalled, and needing more money to work on my house and just to live comfortably, I found the solution...

Upgrade.com! A loan solution designed to consolidate my debt! They gave me a $20,000 loan (At a userous 10% apr) that cost $1000 so I netted 19,000 to disperse to my hungry credit cards. I did that and further racked up debt as I took my wife out drinking and on trips to the beach along with actual household building materials and sundry tools. When we eventually talked to the loan officer my credit score had gone up to 760!

It is a shell game and we are going to win it here in a couple of weeks by selling our house (Contracts are signed, the people have accepted our counter offer to their repair addendum, just waiting for the appraisal) and paying off our debt! REALLY we are just going to have a higher house payment and no debt so that pea has slipped under a different cup.

You are your own worst enemy from what I can see.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liberal Logic onlinebiker 12 917 September 28, 2020 at 4:40 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Most people hate logic. onlinebiker 40 2106 December 4, 2018 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Should logic be taught in elementary? Tea Earl Grey Hot 15 3406 August 9, 2013 at 11:39 am
Last Post: Tea Earl Grey Hot
  For the logic impaired... SHIN KAIRI 179 43934 April 6, 2013 at 3:05 am
Last Post: Mystical