Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We are living in the medieval 21st Century
We are living in the medieval 21st Century
Hard to argue against any point here. The parallels are uncanny.

I wonder if we're going to be thought of as the bad old days in a few hundred years? (If we survive WW3!)
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
RE: We are living in the medieval 21st Century
Is there a reason my bullshit alarms are going off like a five-alarm fire?

Beyond the fact that he blatantly overestimates the influence and reach of cancel culture, fails to understand that it works in a far more disorganized manner than excommunication does (usually just degenerating into a hate mob,) and misses that the problem with it is less that they actually have the power to do so and more that its practitioners are telegraphing that they WANT to have that level of Power.

Plus the second I hear people claiming that the likes of NHS and LGBT rights are religions, I immediately figure out that they don’t have anything worth saying.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Interesting to a degree but, basically, Jonny Speaker just comes across as a right wing climate change denier come "I will pollute all I want, it's MY LIFE!" twunt. I mean really, comparing carbon credits to indulgences? Dear me. So you lost your job for espousing climate change denial? Good.
If you ever tried convincing a Baptist or Catholic that some part (or the whole) of their religion is illogical nonsense - you might understand his point.

With some people it's all or nothing...
I watched the video; it's terrible history and law.  He equates professional censorship in our day with the very public (often fatal) punishments that were meted out to heretics during the High & Late Middle Ages (trials of witchcraft being more typical of the early modern period.)  Some professions (law, medicine, psychology, etc.) have professional codes of conduct; for instance, if you are a pharmacist who is opposed to birth control, then, your opinion that contraception is an abortifacient may bar you from working at Walgreens, but, you do not have a right to work at Walgreens, and, Walgreens may discriminate against you for any reason, except, for those areas of life that constitute a protected class (religion, race, etc.)  And, it is up to the Courts to determine what is (and is not) protected speech with respect to employment.  For instance, if you think that interracial marriage is an abomination before God, you may not be able to teach at most public high schools in the United States, but, if you are transgender (like me), it would be against the Law for a school district to discriminate against you (although, they do so all the time.)
Give me one good reason to watch a video from a brexshitter.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
I'm changing my name to Dennis.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
The dark ages were a period of rapid innovation and the trouble free assumption of new knowledge, methods, and practices. I wish we were living in the dark ages. The parallels aren't uncanny, there are no moderrn parallels -to that-, that's just you noticing that things have turned sour, at present.

I suppose that we get the wrong idea, on account of how bad ideas seemed to have flourished in medieval times, but that was a consequence of ideas flourishing, in general.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I liked it and found it entertaining.

Guys, I don't need to waste new posts with my ramblings, but I found this 1984 interview from an ex KGB speaking about their methods.
I'd watch it all but at 5:24 he tells us what will happen to the leftists who are usually instrumental in bringing down govts.

No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How is inflation and the rising cost of living affecting you? bemore 13 628 August 30, 2022 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  GOP/Trump are living in the past. Brian37 9 1755 September 9, 2016 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Cato
  Living wage polar bear 44 5178 June 27, 2015 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why we need a mandatory living wage: Ryantology 96 13853 September 6, 2014 at 11:35 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome