Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Good Plot Holes...
A Few Good Plot Holes...
Add yours here.

For example, in the movie "A Few Good Men" one of Colonel Jessup's men covered  for him about documents and flights about the marine that was killed for a "code red". But in the movie the whistle blower gets put under witness protection as implied at a hotel. Here is what I don't get. If he is under witness protection how the fuck did he have access of his dress uniform  and a handgun to commit suicide ?
RE: A Few Good Plot Holes...
1.  He wasn't put under witness protection (the Navy can't do that).

2.  Even if he was, why wouldn't he have his uniform and sidearm?

It's not a plot hole, it's just something that you, personally, don't understand.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(July 10, 2020 at 1:48 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: 1.  He wasn't put under witness protection (the Navy can't do that).

It's not a plot hole, it's just something that you, personally, don't understand.

Boru

He was in a hotel protected as implied by the script.

I don't care if he was protected by the CIA. In the first scene after the whistle blower gets in the back of the car and discloses that he was aware of the code red. the next scene in the movie had the JAG/played by Tom Cruise show up to a hotel with personnel standing outside the room in the hallway. Later in the movie the whistleblower commits suicide. I would assume if he is under ANY KIND of government protection, he wouldn't have left that hotel.

I doubt any type of witness protection by any agency would allow those they are protecting to carry firearms.
In the movie Troy (2004) Akhilleus (Brad Pitt) wears an armor and yet Akhilleus is supposedly invulnerable (except his heel). I mean fuck the shield, he could have used his testicles as a shield, his dick as a sword stopper and his ass as a projectile bouncer.

But the answer is that Homer didn't consider Akhilleus to be invulnerable.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(July 10, 2020 at 2:00 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(July 10, 2020 at 1:48 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: 1.  He wasn't put under witness protection (the Navy can't do that).

Boru

He was in a hotel protected as implied by the script.

I don't care if he was protected by the CIA. In the first scene after the whistle blower gets in the back of the car and discloses that he was aware of the code red. the next scene in the movie had the JAG/played by Tom Cruise show up to a hotel with personnel standing outside the room in the hallway. Later in the movie the whistleblower commits suicide. I would assume if he is under ANY KIND of government protection, he wouldn't have left that hotel.

I doubt any type of witness protection by any agency would allow those they are protecting to carry firearms.

Only the US Marshal Service operates the Witness Protection Program. Sequestering a witness before trial isn’t the same as ‘witness protection’.

Boru
(July 10, 2020 at 2:19 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: In the movie Troy (2004) Akhilleus (Brad Pitt) wears an armor and yet Akhilleus is supposedly invulnerable (except his heel). I mean fuck the shield, he could have used his testicles as a shield, his dick as a sword stopper and his ass as a projectile bouncer.

But the answer is that Homer didn't consider Akhilleus to be invulnerable.

He didn’t indeed. The first hard reference to Achilles’ invulnerability is from the 1st Century CE. 

I think (could be wrong, it’s a long time since I’ve read it), Homer makes at least one reference to Achilles being wounded.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Very simple.

Wardrobe provided the uniform, props the gun....
(July 10, 2020 at 5:36 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Very simple.

Wardrobe provided the uniform, props the gun....

Well spotted. 

Boru
In the movie Liar Liar involving Jim Carrey he is supposed to be incapable of telling a lie. But at one point he answers a clear question and then claims that he didn't understand it after he gets a response that is very clearly understandable. It's an obvious lie that the writers clearly missed.
"Zen … does not confuse spirituality with thinking about God while one is peeling potatoes. Zen spirituality is just to peel the potatoes." - Alan Watts
Matrix: The machines didn't use cows as batteries.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Movie plot holes "Diehard 2"........... Brian37 10 1282 July 15, 2021 at 8:35 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  I wish I understood the plot of Wuthering Heights Brian37 7 727 April 17, 2020 at 7:08 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  80s Cop show "Hunter" and plot holes. Brian37 0 263 March 7, 2018 at 1:20 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Show one or a few of your musical instruments. Banjo 46 3098 August 10, 2016 at 5:30 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Just A Few More Weeks Until The New Star Wars!!!!!!!!!! Mechaghostman2 120 12130 December 21, 2015 at 6:31 am
Last Post: Aractus
  Divergent's 101 Plot Holes StealthySkeptic 11 10020 September 12, 2014 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: StealthySkeptic
  Good music is....good Dean-o 7 2546 June 25, 2011 at 11:39 am
Last Post: popeyespappy