Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 11:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
William Lane Craig badmouthed Donald Trump.
William Lane Craig badmouthed Donald Trump.
A lot of Evangelicals are voting for him, but, the leading Christian apologist of our day thinks that he at least has an evil streak (at the 38:00):

RE: William Lane Craig badmouthed Donald Trump.
So I guess he's not all bad then.
"Zen … does not confuse spirituality with thinking about God while one is peeling potatoes. Zen spirituality is just to peel the potatoes." - Alan Watts
I'm pretty sure he now supports his presidency. I remember him saying not too long ago something along the lines of "Trump is bad, don't get me wrong, but he seems to be the best vessel at the moment to get our policies enacted, so we should support him"
(July 14, 2020 at 4:24 pm)Grandizer Wrote: I'm pretty sure he now supports his presidency. I remember him saying not too long ago something along the lines of "Trump is bad, don't get me wrong, but he seems to be the best vessel at the moment to get our policies enacted, so we should support him"

That makes sense because Trump wants to bring back the so-called 'Good Old Days'. Which is very traditionalist and old fashioned. And so is Christianity.
"Zen … does not confuse spirituality with thinking about God while one is peeling potatoes. Zen spirituality is just to peel the potatoes." - Alan Watts
Somehow, the title of the video is getting me to think: what if the rise of Trump is just some fucked-up social experiment trying to prove that God is necessary for morality in the dumbest way possible?

I mean, picture the differences between Republican presidential candidates of the past couple decades and Trump. The policies are similar, if far more explicitly racist and dystopian in Trump's case. But one big difference between them and Trump is that they at least believed in God, while Trump only seemed to start believing in God once he realised it would be prudent to do so if he was to win the Republican nomination. So, perhaps in the minds of the sort of people who'd try and turn this into a social experiment, this would be the sort of variable they'd control for. And, odds are, if they're doing this experiment, the people who'd make it happen might think that his big differences with Republicans of the previous 40 years could very well come directly from his nonbelief. And so, when it becomes obvious to everyone that Trump's presidency was a disaster, they can point to it as an example and say "see, this is why you need to believe in God to be good! Trump didn't believe and he tanked America! Everything different he did from every other Republican candidate could stem directly from his not believing in God! Yes, I know we supported him all the way, but that's beside the point!" Of course, the validity of the experiment would fall apart once you realised that maybe they should have accounted for different worldviews in this experiment.

But, the sad thing is it's not just some elaborate experiment. The Republicans really have devolved to the point where if the President says the right things some of the time, and promises that he supports the sort of policies they want to support, they're willing to pledge their undying loyalty to this spray-tanned crack baby, applauding him every time he shits the bed, and I don't even think it matters if they legitimately believe anything they either say now or had said in the past. Because for them, the object of power is power. And that's the only thing that matters to them at this point, possibly ever.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(July 13, 2020 at 9:03 pm)Jehanne Wrote: A lot of Evangelicals are voting for him, but, the leading Christian apologist of our day thinks that he at least has an evil streak (at the 38:00):

You know things have gone south when Billy is now the voice of reason  Dodgy
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Yeah, evangelicals will vote for Trump.

He represents everything they're against unless it's in one of their candidates.
Dying to live, living to die.
I dunno. Every time I hear WLC slime his way about the intertubes I have to take a shower.
The CosmicSkeptic and William Lane Craig discussion was actually really good, though.
Of course he is also a coward. He refuses to debate Dillahunty on spurious grounds because he knows he would lose badly. Colour me surprised.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ham vs. Craig Fake Messiah 22 1819 November 27, 2021 at 11:50 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  PSA: RationalWiki -- William Lane Craig Jehanne 10 1491 December 14, 2018 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  William Lane Craig's drunken phone call. Jehanne 3 1234 January 13, 2018 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Dr. Craig contradiction. Jehanne 121 25603 November 13, 2017 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  Bill Craig now claiming to have a PhD in Philosophy. Jehanne 26 5587 March 18, 2017 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  William Craig caught in a lie. Jehanne 23 4855 January 7, 2017 at 1:32 pm
  William Lane Craig unmasked. Jehanne 25 4151 December 7, 2016 at 11:27 am
  William Lane Craig denies the number zero. Jehanne 63 7282 October 30, 2016 at 4:54 pm
  Dr. Craig is a liar. Jehanne 1036 98992 May 24, 2016 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: dom.donald
  William Lane Craig diagnosed. Jehanne 25 5403 May 16, 2016 at 11:22 am
Last Post: abaris