Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 1:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rep removed from board of Christian charity
Rep removed from board of Christian charity
Due to his comments about AOC

Quote:A Christian nonprofit organization that fights world hunger asked Rep. Ted Yoho (R-Fla.) to resign from its board after he confronted a female colleague and then reportedly used a sexist expletive after Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) was out of earshot.

The organization asked Yoho for his resignation on Friday. In its statement, the group said the decision was taken to reaffirm “our commitment to coming alongside women and people of color, nationally and globally, as they continue to lead us to a more racially inclusive and equitable world.”
RE: Rep removed from board of Christian charity
(July 27, 2020 at 10:27 am)Eleven Wrote: Due to his comments about AOC

Quote:A Christian nonprofit organization that fights world hunger asked Rep. Ted Yoho (R-Fla.) to resign from its board after he confronted a female colleague and then reportedly used a sexist expletive after Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) was out of earshot.

The organization asked Yoho for his resignation on Friday. In its statement, the group said the decision was taken to reaffirm “our commitment to coming alongside women and people of color, nationally and globally, as they continue to lead us to a more racially inclusive and equitable world.”

Glad to read that, especially after his non-apology, which boiled down to, ‘I never said it, and I’m sorry that people were offended when I said it.’

Guy’s a tool.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

actually it is a little more than that. 501c3/charities/churches are forbidden to speak out publicly against the government or politicians. johnson enacted this otherwise their exempt status will be canceled. 
So much for the bill of rights and free speech and congress making no laws on religious expression or the free exercise thereof. This board was covering their asses, or were threatened by aoc. https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/charities-c...d-politics
(July 31, 2020 at 4:16 pm)Drich Wrote:

actually it is a little more than that. 501c3/charities/churches are forbidden to speak out publicly against the government or politicians. johnson enacted this otherwise their exempt status will be canceled. 
So much for the bill of rights and free speech and congress making no laws on religious expression or the free exercise thereof. This board was covering their asses, or were threatened by aoc. https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/charities-c...d-politics

Or maybe it was just Yoho being such a complete cuntflake that the charity wanted nothing more to do with him.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
just how worthless must one be such that even some christians are moved to pretend they are better than him?

oh, yeah, one must be so worthless as to be a trumper in 2020.
Can someone inform pest control? It seems the retarded cockroach is back.
(July 31, 2020 at 4:16 pm)Drich Wrote:

No, they're not.  
Quote:So much for the bill of rights and free speech and congress making no laws on religious expression or the free exercise thereof. This board was covering their asses, or were threatened by aoc. https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/charities-c...d-politics
You're worried about your frozen peaches because some asshole suffered consequences for using his actual right to free speech?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 1, 2020 at 8:08 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote:
(July 31, 2020 at 4:16 pm)Drich Wrote: actually it is a little more than that. 501c3/charities/churches are forbidden to speak out publicly against the government or politicians. johnson enacted this otherwise their exempt status will be canceled. 
No, they're not.  
Quote:So much for the bill of rights and free speech and congress making no laws on religious expression or the free exercise thereof. This board was covering their asses, or were threatened by aoc. https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/charities-c...d-politics
You're worried about your frozen peaches because some asshole suffered consequences for using his actual right to free speech?

did you not read the irs link? kinda says you are wrong. I am not worried about anything. that board however could be feeling heat from aoc people.
Yeah, too much to expect the board would be decent enough to disapprove of a congressman calling a congresswoman a 'fucking bitch', it must be the AOC people forcing them to do it.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(August 3, 2020 at 11:27 am)Drich Wrote: did you not read the irs link? kinda says you are wrong.
No, it doesn't.

Quote:I am not worried about anything. that board however could be feeling heat from aoc people.
Checked under your bed for ilhan while you're at it?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Children removed from Jewish sect's jungle compound in Mexico zebo-the-fat 3 613 September 30, 2022 at 5:12 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  I actually think the school board got this right Minimalist 3 1148 November 14, 2014 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Parts of the Bible theists on this board ignore Rampant.A.I. 23 7521 June 8, 2014 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: Rampant.A.I.
  Religious excuses for negligence removed! theVOID 14 3948 March 12, 2011 at 7:51 pm
Last Post: Zenith