Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 4:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 -The perfect storm
2020 -The perfect storm
I'm thinking this will be the year from hell. (Most of us probably feel it already is).

Trade tensions with China are escalating.
Unemployment at record highs
Wages at record lows
Interest rates at record lows -In the GFC the US govt dropped rates 5% to kickstart the economy. No more ammo.
Personal debt (incl credit card, car loans, mortgages and student loans), corporate debt and govt debt at world record levels.
US treasury yield on 3 month, 2 yr, 5yr, 10yr and 30 yr at all time low returns
US dollar crashing (relative to other world currencies)
Lots of social unrest
Record business closures
Medical pandemic
Let's pray this cold war doesn't turn hot. (13 of the last 18 throughout history have!)

Where do investors put their money? In a artificially overinflated stockmarket completely disconnected from the real economy?
(EG: just look at the PE (price to earnings). Tesla is the most valuable car company in the world today and are yet to make a profit?
Toyota who netted over 1b profit last year are #2 Dunno)

Only one thing left to invest in. Something with 5,000 years of history as a safe haven and store of value with no third party risk.
Gold and it's poorer brother Silver are on their way to the moon. Gold smashed record levels (2011) today and Silver won't be far behind.

Thoughts on where we'll be by the end of the year? I'll be living under a bridge fishing for dinner! Who wants to join me? (bring your own fishing rod and Nuka Cola please)
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
RE: 2020 -The perfect storm
(July 27, 2020 at 8:41 pm)ignoramus Wrote: I'll be living under a bridge fishing for dinner!

Need company?

[Image: tenor.gif]
[Image: QXD9ZxS.jpg]
Are you saying you don't trust dumb Donald to use is magic charm to soothe the tensions away?
Yes, I have no doubt that it will get even worse. My biggest fear is a race-riot precipitated by Neo-Nazis/white supremacists.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
(July 27, 2020 at 10:06 pm)AFTT47 Wrote: Yes, I have no doubt that it will get even worse. My biggest fear is a race-riot precipitated by Neo-Nazis/white supremacists.

They're easy to spot. KKK pajamas, swastikas and rebel flags. Shoot yourself a complete set today!  J/K. Yeah, I think that those people are just a bunch of pussies and are just going to bitch among their "own kind". Look how they crawled back under their burnt tiki-torches in Charlottesville. The real issue is that our communities are so integrated that there is likely to be little of that. Do I shoot my chump-supporting neighbors? Do they shoot me? USians are actually pretty tame, so I don't actually expect race riots.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(July 27, 2020 at 9:55 pm)no one Wrote: Are you saying you don't trust dumb Donald to use is magic charm to soothe the tensions away?

I'm 100% sure that dumb Donald will do what will benefit dumb Donald.
That's what narcissistic sociopaths do. Saving lives in this pandemic hasn't even crossed his mind.

But it may work out better in the long run with the fuckwit in charge. (by blind luck)
If the US can pull in manufacturing back from China, as the rest of the world is starting to get onboard with, then maybe this is the turning point needed for US long term prosperity.

The CCP's days are numbered now. About bloody time.
The truth is all presidents just want to get re-elected. If he wanted to make a meaningful change to better the middle and lower class, he should attempt to dismantle the FED.
Just like JFK wanted to. What can go wrong Dunno It's not like anybody likes or is going to miss Trump, right?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Whether United States leave room for its own indefinite existence in more or less its current form, or Will turn onto the path towards its Own inevitable, and probably not too distant, dissolution, will depend largely on whether the talking heads at Fox will chose In the few weeks in second part of November to whip trumpeters up to a frenzy when the trump declare the result of the November presidential election void, or merely say something face saving.

In 1990, no one could have predicted the soon to be extinct Soviet Union would bid so fair to achieve decisive final, albeit Posthumous, victory over The United States in 40-50 years.
Political predictions are SO much fun, he said sarcastically. Here’s mine:

Fox News will turn on Trump within the week. His legions of supporters will realize  that they’ve been wrong about him all along, and his base will dissolve like candy floss in petrol. As a result, Trump will purchase the US military and use it to keep himself in power. He will win back the support of the American people by promising two flamingos in every pot. He will die peacefully in his sleep at the age of 102 (still President), having made the US the most stable, prosperous, happy nation the world has ever seen. 

Unlikely? Yup, but has about the same chance of accuracy as any other political prediction.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Violent thunder and storm hitting the tower of Sauron in Mekkah WinterHold 11 809 August 23, 2023 at 7:10 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Protestors Storm Capital onlinebiker 586 26929 February 1, 2021 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  ‘God made our immune systems perfect and healthy’ — Anti-vaxxers in NJ Fake Messiah 13 1191 January 20, 2020 at 9:10 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  On Fox: "Trump could beat Jesus and Mary in 2020" Fake Messiah 12 1661 January 11, 2018 at 12:02 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Georgia Still Awaits FEMA Help After Major Storm Secular Elf 0 513 January 26, 2017 at 6:00 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf