Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 2:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheists. Does life uh... find a way?
Atheists. Does life uh... find a way?
I think Jeff Goldblum was into something with that line in Jurassic Park movie. I read the book "selfish gene" by Richard Dawkins. And it came more across as dogmatic than fact. With the idea that humans are just genetic machines. Didnt make that much sense to me. Although he coined the term meme is something i think was a clever idea.
RE: Atheists. Does life uh... find a way?
Haven’t read it.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Don't you uh...get tired of getting banned?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Well, that was quick.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I don't know about life, but trolls don't find a way, and die.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
At work.

Human nature seems to find its way, yes.

B'bye sock
Life is matter.
Matter is everywhere in the universe.

The real question should be:

Does the universe try to assemble its stardust to reach its objective. ie: intelligent consciousness!
Sadly, no. The universe itself it unconscious and couldn't give 2 poops.
Enter old bloke with beard ....

Don't we all love a nice happy ending Thumb up I know I do.
Tell me another one gramps!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abiogenesis ("Chemical Evolution"): Did Life come from Non-Life by Pure Chance. Nishant Xavier 55 3087 August 6, 2023 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, lunwarris 49 3674 January 7, 2023 at 11:42 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Theocracy on the way Spongebob 94 5665 January 19, 2022 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Atheists, do you think Florence Nightingale was a way better person than that fraud Kimbu42 6 984 October 11, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Local woman says only way she has survived during COVID is faith Tomatoshadow2 41 2788 December 21, 2020 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Does Atheists have acceptability ? hindu 40 4578 July 18, 2020 at 6:04 am
Last Post: Porcupine
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, barji 9 1389 July 10, 2020 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  A Funny Thing Happened on the way to the forum.... jessieban 39 3717 June 21, 2019 at 8:11 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, asthev 14 2084 March 17, 2019 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  How do atheists do life? ResoluteBaptist 104 11374 January 2, 2019 at 1:11 pm
Last Post: Brian37