Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ermagerd not Internet Explorer!
Ermagerd not Internet Explorer!
So, I read in the news today that Microsoft will not be supporting Internet Explorer or the old version of Edge that was built apart from Chromium code. So going forward people will need to use Edge to download a copy of Chrome before summarily removing edge from their desktop.
RE: Ermagerd not Internet Explorer!
Is anyone still using IE??

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 18, 2020 at 7:33 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Is anyone still using IE??

Boru

Yup. I have two customers who are compelled to do so. Why? Because their accountancy provider can't be arsed to update, so they have no choice. So I am left supporting IE.

If that were not bad enough, their bank requires it. WTF?
(August 18, 2020 at 7:43 pm)Abaddon_ire Wrote:

Boru

Yup. I have two customers who are compelled to do so. Why? Because their accountancy provider can't be arsed to update, so they have no choice. So I am left supporting IE.

If that were not bad enough, their bank requires it. WTF?

Well, no longer! It ends August 2021
I still use Netscape. What are these new inventions you mention?
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
(August 18, 2020 at 8:38 pm)Sal Wrote: I still use Netscape. What are these new inventions you mention?

Well, since the discovery that the world is round things have really been humming.
I used to use Alta Vista then Netscape Navigator, now I use Chrome it is the best and unifies my experience on all the computers I use.
On a new install I use Edge to download Firefox and that's it (Brave browser on android) Both work well at removing adds and crap.
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Most of my site, as far as I know, should work in Internet Explorer 10, including my PacMan game. Some parts of my site, including the core of my Arithmetic Expression Compiler targeting x86, work in as far back as Internet Explorer 6. My web-app that draws Huffman Diagrams works in Internet Explorer 11 (though not in Internet Explorer 10), and this is mostly accidental. However, my new Arithmetic Expression Compiler targeting WebAssembly can't be used to target Internet Explorer 11.

Boru

Yeah, for work.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What would happen to the Internet if there were no regulation? FlatAssembler 7 224 January 27, 2024 at 2:56 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Will quantum computers slow our Internet down? FlatAssembler 5 449 November 16, 2023 at 3:42 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Need info on Internet connection when even cell phone service is iffy arewethereyet 10 972 February 24, 2023 at 11:13 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Opinions on "fiber optic" internet? Gawdzilla Sama 31 1859 February 19, 2019 at 6:00 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Internet Speed 2018 Iroscato 20 2560 April 19, 2018 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Internet Browser paulpablo 14 1862 May 2, 2017 at 3:48 am
Last Post: Sal
  Iran rolls out domestic internet account_inactive 6 1621 August 30, 2016 at 2:00 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Internet speed, 2015 bennyboy 128 17142 April 22, 2016 at 10:06 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Analogue internet! ignoramus 11 2193 September 11, 2015 at 3:57 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Regarding internet speeds in the US dyresand 4 1195 January 27, 2015 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: dyresand