Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 9:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internet Browser
Internet Browser
Which internet browser do you use?

I use internet explorer, then a geek I knew laughed at me for using internet explorer and told me firefox was the best so I got that.

I used that until I installed chrome for some reason I can't remember.

For a while now I've been using both.  Some things work for one that don't work for the other.  I've been using them like a person would use two televisions, one with the sound broke and picture working and one with the picture broke but the sound working. 

I installed opera today expecting the worst, I've never even heard of it before.  I've only been using it for a short time and it works so fast. I don't know what the virus protection is like so I'll probably only use it with websites I know are legitimate.  But I am impressed by the speed and simplicity everything seems to load up.

This might sound like not much to ask but with chrome and firefox I noticed them both not detecting flash player on different websites I was on, with opera it runs flash perfectly on every website.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: Internet Browser
I still use IE.

I've found Firefox to be unstable on several computers I use.
Dying to live, living to die.
Firefox seems to be on a downhill spiral.

I'm using Chrome more and more.
Firefox.

I do use Chrome at work, but other than that, Firefox, or Safari if I'm on my iPad.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Firefox on my laptop and Safari on my iOS devices.
Chrome or IE. FF started to be a pain.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Chrome or Firefox. Firefox mostly for work.

Nobody needs to use internet explorer anymore.
Unless you have a hard drive crash.

Big Grin 

[Image: Internet+explorer_358c24_5458558.jpg]
If chrome didn't fire up a new instance of the software every time you open a new tab I might get interested.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(April 23, 2017 at 10:57 pm)The Gentleman Bastard Wrote: If chrome didn't fire up a new instance of the software every time you open a new tab I might get interested.

Do you have tiny amounts of memory? That would be the only reason I wouldn't suggest Chrome these days. The "process-per-tab" model certainly has more overhead than Firefox, but it does mean tab crashes / hangs do not affect the other tabs.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What would happen to the Internet if there were no regulation? FlatAssembler 7 265 January 27, 2024 at 2:56 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Will quantum computers slow our Internet down? FlatAssembler 5 494 November 16, 2023 at 3:42 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Need info on Internet connection when even cell phone service is iffy arewethereyet 10 994 February 24, 2023 at 11:13 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Ermagerd not Internet Explorer! Rhizomorph13 18 1455 April 6, 2021 at 8:51 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  The Tor browser FlatAssembler 67 5839 July 27, 2019 at 12:54 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Opinions on "fiber optic" internet? Gawdzilla Sama 31 1892 February 19, 2019 at 6:00 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Internet Speed 2018 Iroscato 20 2592 April 19, 2018 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Getting Tired of the Browser Wars Rhondazvous 4 725 December 7, 2017 at 8:50 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Iran rolls out domestic internet account_inactive 6 1625 August 30, 2016 at 2:00 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Internet speed, 2015 bennyboy 128 17367 April 22, 2016 at 10:06 am
Last Post: account_inactive