Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Of neon and art deco......
Of neon and art deco......
I absolutely love any and all neon bright colors, red, green, yellow, red, blue ect ect. I also love the old black and white motifs of Bogart and Bacall diner coffee shop, 40s, antique Royal Typewriters, smokey 40s bar, Fedora hat, pleated dress, big band clubs.  I also love the neon colors of black light posters that were popular in the mid to late 70s.
RE: Of neon and art deco......
I also like shiny things, friend.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
You'd love Miami...
(September 2, 2020 at 8:06 am)Brian37 Wrote: I absolutely love any and all neon bright colors, red, green, yellow, red, blue ect ect. I also love the old black and white motifs of Bogart and Bacall diner coffee shop, 40s, antique Royal Typewriters, smokey 40s bar, Fedora hat, pleated dress, big band clubs.  I also love the neon colors of black light posters that were popular in the mid to late 70s.

Thank you for telling us - with no prompting whatsoever - about stuff you like.  We were all very concerned.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 2, 2020 at 8:13 am)onlinebiker Wrote: You'd love Miami...

That is an irony. I do love the building styles, colors, and even Crocket's dress. But I never got into Miami Vice for the show itself. I did like the looks, just not the show.  Back in the 80s I once went to a ZZ Top  concert at the Capital Center dressed in white loafer shoes, white long pleated  pants, and a white "formal/informal" coat, pink /peach colored tank top". 

Been to Miami, long ago as a teen. Loved it, but still too damned expensive.

(September 2, 2020 at 8:20 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(September 2, 2020 at 8:06 am)Brian37 Wrote: I absolutely love any and all neon bright colors, red, green, yellow, red, blue ect ect. I also love the old black and white motifs of Bogart and Bacall diner coffee shop, 40s, antique Royal Typewriters, smokey 40s bar, Fedora hat, pleated dress, big band clubs.  I also love the neon colors of black light posters that were popular in the mid to late 70s.

Thank you for telling us - with no prompting whatsoever - about stuff you like.  We were all very concerned.

Boru

Yes, it sucks that people posts opinions here. Pretty sure you don't either.
(September 2, 2020 at 8:21 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(September 2, 2020 at 8:13 am)onlinebiker Wrote: You'd love Miami...

That is an irony. I do love the building styles, colors, and even Crocket's dress. But I never got into Miami Vice for the show itself. I did like the looks, just not the show.  Back in the 80s I once went to a ZZ Top  concert at the Capital Center dressed in white loafer shoes, white long pleated  pants, and a white "formal/informal" coat, pink /peach colored tank top". 

Was that getup what you thought ZZ was talking about in "Sharp Dressed Man"?

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(September 2, 2020 at 2:05 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(September 2, 2020 at 8:21 am)Brian37 Wrote: That is an irony. I do love the building styles, colors, and even Crocket's dress. But I never got into Miami Vice for the show itself. I did like the looks, just not the show.  Back in the 80s I once went to a ZZ Top  concert at the Capital Center dressed in white loafer shoes, white long pleated  pants, and a white "formal/informal" coat, pink /peach colored tank top". 

I was into pop rock in the 80s. And to be honest, I really didn't like Miami Vice as a show, but I briefly liked Crockett's look so I tried to buy similar clothing. 

I even bought the popular knock off Ray Ban sunglasses.

Trust me, I am way over that past. ZZ needed to shave, and Crockett had no business having a pet alligator.
(September 2, 2020 at 2:05 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(September 2, 2020 at 8:21 am)Brian37 Wrote: That is an irony. I do love the building styles, colors, and even Crocket's dress. But I never got into Miami Vice for the show itself. I did like the looks, just not the show.  Back in the 80s I once went to a ZZ Top  concert at the Capital Center dressed in white loafer shoes, white long pleated  pants, and a white "formal/informal" coat, pink /peach colored tank top". 

I think he may have got it confused with Jimmy Buffett’s ‘White Sport Coat And A Pink Crustacean’.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Art in the Home FrustratedFool 17 1290 October 25, 2023 at 6:59 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  "Impossible" Art LinuxGal 12 1232 September 9, 2023 at 2:24 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Is art deranged? MarcusA 29 2153 September 3, 2023 at 7:34 am
  What is Art? MarcusA 15 1073 September 3, 2023 at 2:17 am
Last Post: MarcusA
  Art in decadence? Macoleco 53 5569 December 4, 2022 at 5:43 pm
  April fool. This is indeed a work of art. Succubus#2 1 352 April 1, 2020 at 6:44 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  'demonic' art project at school Fake Messiah 1 501 October 23, 2019 at 12:16 am
Last Post: AFTT47
  Censored Art Photos Foxaèr 5 574 April 27, 2019 at 9:16 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Your Thoughts On Art Alan V 86 6436 April 16, 2019 at 6:35 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Thoughts on these art exhibits. brewer 16 1217 February 14, 2019 at 6:17 pm
Last Post: ignoramus