Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: August 23, 2019, 9:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on these art exhibits.
Thoughts on these art exhibits.
In the US now, actually my state. 

[Image: 636022141733949631-30Americans5.jpg?widt...5&fit=crop]

And in Israel

[Image: An_art_exhib.jpg]

Enough to get your panties in a twist or not?

Edit: Guess I should give an opinion. The noose is tasteless and I don't get the point, unless it's for creating debate and I think we have enough KKK stuff out there as it is.

McJesus is just funny.
God(s) and religions are man made and the bane of humanity. 

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. Ozzy or Twain/take your pick
RE: Thoughts on these art exhibits.
Not really.  I'm too used to hoods nooses ronald and a crucifix.
When in the course of human events it becomes necessary for a battle to commence then KPLOW, I hit em with the illness of my quill, Im endowed..with certain unalienable skills....  

-ERB

No panties bunched here. I guess I just don't get the point with either picture.

Pic 1 should have all the dunce caps over in the corner staring at the wall.

Pic 2 is just lame.
I never thought I'd live long enough to become a grumpy old bastard. Here I am, killing it!
#1 is almost certainly saying something, but the juxtaposition of klan hoods circled around a noose, I'm not sure what it is. Of course, looking into it, I think it might be something akin to a race relations memento mori. Not sure if it gains any power after the initial shock value.

#2 just seems way too obvious about the influence of McDonald's on the world.
I was born with a gift of laughter and a sense that the world is mad.

[Image: 161109-WlllQ6UaSpqY.png]

Trump 2017: We're all nihilists now.
1. Crap.

2. Crap on a stick.
Sanity adjacent.

Angel

IMGUR 
Remember, Ronald McDonald died to cure us all of anorexia!
Praise Ron!

(and don't forget his arch angel, the hamburglar!) Big Grin
(February 12, 2019 at 10:38 pm)ignoramus Wrote: Remember, Ronald McDonald died to cure us all of anorexia!
Praise Ron!

(and don't forget his arch angel, the hamburglar!) Big Grin

Don't know what rock I was under, but I didn't know that Ronald McDonald is dead. I guess that's just not that important to me.
I never thought I'd live long enough to become a grumpy old bastard. Here I am, killing it!
(February 12, 2019 at 9:42 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: #1 is almost certainly saying something, but the juxtaposition of klan hoods circled around a noose, I'm not sure what it is. Of course, looking into it, I think it might be something akin to a race relations memento mori. Not sure if it gains any power after the initial shock value.
......hey...that it even has shock value for you is something, right?  That's just a normal thursday for me. That could be my family table and it won't even make me stop to take a minute in thought from eating the catfish.
When in the course of human events it becomes necessary for a battle to commence then KPLOW, I hit em with the illness of my quill, Im endowed..with certain unalienable skills....  

-ERB

(February 12, 2019 at 11:42 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote:
(February 12, 2019 at 9:42 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: #1 is almost certainly saying something, but the juxtaposition of klan hoods circled around a noose, I'm not sure what it is. Of course, looking into it, I think it might be something akin to a race relations memento mori. Not sure if it gains any power after the initial shock value.
......hey...that it even has shock value for you is something, right?  That's just a normal thursday for me. That could be my family table and it won't even make me stop to take a minute in thought from eating the catfish.

Honestly, not for me, someone with dozens of books about the Third Reich and the Nazis in his library, but I can easily imagine that it does for a lot of people.
I was born with a gift of laughter and a sense that the world is mad.

[Image: 161109-WlllQ6UaSpqY.png]

Trump 2017: We're all nihilists now.
(February 12, 2019 at 9:55 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: 1. Crap.

2.  Crap on a stick.

Pffft.  Here you go:

[Image: ax206_5bb9_9.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=...410&crop=1]
-- 
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I love ABBA, Metallica, Rush and these guys. Brian37 22 468 May 25, 2019 at 7:27 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Censored Art Photos Fierce 5 98 April 27, 2019 at 9:16 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Your Thoughts On Art Alan V 86 1275 April 16, 2019 at 6:35 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Are videogames art? Macoleco 13 229 November 7, 2018 at 6:43 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Religious Art: Yea or Nay? BrianSoddingBoru4 28 1501 January 17, 2018 at 11:56 pm
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  I have had it with these muthafukin' tribbles on this muthafuckin' starship! BrianSoddingBoru4 12 507 December 5, 2017 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Star Trek Discovery, your thoughts? Mechaghostman2 65 5349 October 18, 2017 at 4:27 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  The Art of The Bow Tie: A Brief Lesson with KS Kernel Sohcahtoa 6 962 September 30, 2017 at 12:30 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Catholic art. CatholicDefender 67 10178 September 12, 2017 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  With all these old, cancelled television shows returning to the screen Fierce 12 1826 May 23, 2017 at 4:00 am
Last Post: StuW