Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ever get really weird text messages?
Ever get really weird text messages?
(No identifying information about senders, please.) 

Two I got recently:

"Would you like a five foot alligator?"

"We have a bear under our hot tub."
RE: Ever get really weird text messages?
"keep me posted. It's probably that tainted avocado you "received" in 1975 has sprouted in your colon"
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Not a text message, but I once got a 'phone call from a Welsh lady asking about what sort of photo shoots I do. Then about a year later, I got another one from a Welsh bloke, complaining about not receiving the photos he and his wife ordered. I wouldn't mind, but back then I didn't even have a camera.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(November 12, 2017 at 10:45 am)Cyberman Wrote: Not a text message, but I once got a 'phone call from a Welsh lady asking about what sort of photo shoots I do. Then about a year later, I got another one from a Welsh bloke, complaining about not receiving the photos he and his wife ordered. I wouldn't mind, but back then I didn't even have a camera.

I got a rash of calls from girls on Sunday mornings sounding like Geordies talking about the "time we had last night" or some such.

It seems some enterprising Geordie chap was gradually going through the available women in his area and giving them my phone number, earned a few hard stares from the Mrs even though I'd been in her presence at the time of the snuggle incidents.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Not text, and not exactly weird, but I've received many hundreds of calls and messages from collectors, attorneys, etc looking for someone named "Illiana". This has been going on for years. I tell them I've had this number for eight years and I've never heard of her, and the calls stop, for awhile.
I get calls for "Mrs. Sullivan." My favorite was from the National Autism Foundation or something like that:

"Mrs. Sullivan, please."

"Nobody here by that name, I've had this number for five years."

"Oh, okay. ... Can I leave a message?"
"maybe the cat is depositing doots in your piehole at night?"

"swallow harder"

"sure, once they hear you're getting a third breast"

"chickens! They poop breakfast !!"

"Wednesday: The pelvic mammogram"

" a Catholic ultrasound?"

"they're just trying to avoid paying for your third sex change"

"what setting do I have to put it on to only see penises?"

"I think my lava lamp is spawning a fetus"

"Polyps taste like chicken"

"can you rent a glacier ? "
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(November 12, 2017 at 9:12 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: (No identifying information about senders, please.) 

Two I got recently:

"Would you like a five foot alligator?"

"We have a bear under our hot tub."

I used to type in random numbers into my phone and send weird text messages just like that.

So if you ever got any of those types of texts, it was probably me.  Big Grin
One time I got a text of someone asking if the person they intended to text wanted a "three sum" lol I should have texted "New phone who 'dis?" but I simply held my silence.
(November 13, 2017 at 3:25 pm)Industrial Lad Wrote: One time I got a text of someone asking if the person they intended to text wanted a "three sum" lol I should have texted "New phone who 'dis?" but I simply held my silence.

A three sum? No, I need about treefiddy.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Borders are weird Foxaèr 5 533 October 28, 2023 at 2:56 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Are there any active, free, text-only chat sites that are still going? Mechaghostman2 6 619 January 4, 2021 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Weird Proposals onlinebiker 35 3006 May 7, 2020 at 4:31 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Anyone else have that "weird" friend? Atomic Lava 31 2599 November 28, 2019 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Weird ad on bus today ignoramus 21 2003 November 27, 2018 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: Cato
  Have you ever said or done really stupid things on purpose just to feel less empty? Edwardo Piet 21 2150 October 14, 2017 at 9:16 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Do you ever get this feeling whilst in bed? Arsoo 18 2343 September 30, 2017 at 11:11 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Share Your Weird Dreams Shell B 24 9460 July 28, 2017 at 11:57 am
Last Post: Shell B
  Weird Dreams Mechaghostman2 31 2846 February 28, 2017 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Ever forgot something really important...? Brian37 25 2410 February 6, 2017 at 7:45 am
Last Post: Longhorn