Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 3:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The mask thread
The mask thread
I thought we could use a thread like this for us to share our thoughts and experiences with how we have been handling the mask wearing situation as well as our opinions on others in relation to the same topic.

As for me, I wear my mask in two places since they are the only two places I go on any given day. First, since I have been living at an extended-stay hotel, I wear the mask when leaving the room and the building or entering the building to get up to my room.

Secondly, I wear the masks, yes plural, at work where I am an aide in a nursing home. I wear the mask for eight hours straight, except when I am alone in the bathroom and might need to blow my nose. The reason for the double mask is that the medical issued N-95 mask straps are too annoying, and thus I wear a secondary mask to hold that mask in place. It is actually a great deal easier to breath in than one might think.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: The mask thread
I have been making masks for the last few months and have made dozens. I cut fabric today to make about another five dozen. I have given them all away, sending some to people in other states as well as providing a wardrobe of them for my family.

I work from home but have to go to the office at least once a week to pick up checks and paperwork. I wear one of my masks when I go there. The only other places I go are the grocery store, the pharmacy, and the doctor's office for my B-12 shots. I have had to go to the Post Office a couple times to mail out masks. I have three masks in my car and a baggie with about a half dozen masks in my purse and always wear one when I go into those places. Oh, and I wore one a couple weeks ago when I went to the dentist. 90% of the time I am at home but when I do go somewhere I have a mask on when I enter. I hate it, but I do it.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Put em on when I go into the store, take em off when I leave. Not really a situation.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I’m an anti-masker. I’ve been arrested for not wearing a mask. I’ve been kicked out of my local mosque for refusing to wear a mask. I’ve been denied entry on to a public bus for not wearing a mask. I’ve been told I need to wear a mask before entering a hardware stop recently, but I refused. Thankfully that time I wasn’t prevented from entering, I was the only unmasked person.
Patient Zero isn't an honorific. Wink
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Quote:I’m an anti-masker. I’ve been arrested for not wearing a mask. I’ve been kicked out of my local mosque for refusing to wear a mask. I’ve been denied entry on to a public bus for not wearing a mask. I’ve been told I need to wear a mask before entering a hardware stop recently, but I refused. Thankfully that time I wasn’t prevented from entering, I was the only unmasked person.
So you rightly punished for recklessly endangering other people
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(October 12, 2020 at 12:38 am)SUNGULA Wrote:
Quote:I’m an anti-masker. I’ve been arrested for not wearing a mask. I’ve been kicked out of my local mosque for refusing to wear a mask. I’ve been denied entry on to a public bus for not wearing a mask. I’ve been told I need to wear a mask before entering a hardware stop recently, but I refused. Thankfully that time I wasn’t prevented from entering, I was the only unmasked person.
So you rightly punished for recklessly endangering other people

I beg to differ. I haven’t endangered anyone’s life by not wearing a mask. If lives are so “endangered” perhaps people should stay at home. Civil liberties are being flagrantly disregarded by governments in the name of public health safety. I support Heshy Tischler, he is the right man to lead this new movement. Shame on Cuomo, De Blasio and Doug Ford of Ontario. Bunch of hypocrites and tyrants.
I have 3 masks i made out of high quality washable  material . I also made sure to make multiple internal  layers as to increase the chance of droplet capture . And a worked the edges to ensure a tight seal .
"Change was inevitable"

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

I run a loop of paracord through the ear loops on my masks and connect the ends with a cord lock. No more Yoda-ears. This also allows me to dangle the mask when I'm driving and the like.
Quote:I beg to differ. I haven’t endangered anyone’s life by not wearing a mask. 
Well i'm afraid you have 

Quote:If lives are so “endangered” perhaps people should stay at home. 
Or you could but a mask on and stop being a big freaking cry baby about it 

Quote:Civil liberties are being flagrantly disregarded by governments in the name of public health safety. I support Heshy Tischler, he is the right man to lead this new movement. Shame on Cuomo, De Blasio and Doug Ford of Ontario. Bunch of hypocrites and tyrants.
No they are freaking not . You don't have the right endanger the public , And there no civil right to a bus or a mosque they can kick you out if they deem you a danger  , And the police have every right to enforce the lockdown rules . No matter how much people like you cry victim .
"Change was inevitable"

–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Post your mask collection Rev. Rye 13 1068 April 7, 2021 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Post a pix in your mask. Gawdzilla Sama 72 6819 September 24, 2020 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye