Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Landslide for Labour!
Landslide for Labour!
With just 40% of the votes counted, Labour leads National 50% to 26%, and have already secured a majority in parliament.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Landslide for Labour!
I hope they get 69% of the votes. Wouldn't that be nice?
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
Is it Labour™ or Labor™?

The Aussie party got it's name from the US spelling.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(October 17, 2020 at 5:48 am)ignoramus Wrote: Is it Labour™ or Labor™?

The Aussie party got it's name from the US spelling.

'Labour'.  We spell things properly in New Zealand.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
97% of votes counted.  Labour: 49% National: 27%, the balance spread over other parties.

This is going to give Labour 64 seats, which means they can - if they so choose - govern without a coalition.

Boru
"Ms Ardern pledged to instil more climate-friendly policies, boost funding for disadvantaged schools and raise income taxes on top earners."

Clap
(October 17, 2020 at 7:14 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: 97% of votes counted.  Labour: 49% National: 27%, the balance spread over other parties.

This is going to give Labour 64 seats, which means they can - if they so choose - govern without a coalition.

Boru

I don't follow politics much. Do you consider this a good or bad thing?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(October 17, 2020 at 9:29 am)brewer Wrote:
(October 17, 2020 at 7:14 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: 97% of votes counted.  Labour: 49% National: 27%, the balance spread over other parties.

Boru

I don't follow politics much. Do you consider this a good or bad thing?

I’m sincerely delighted (no sarcasm).

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Winning By a Landslide and other politicspeak onlinebiker 11 624 October 23, 2020 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Labour party seeks to deny Gabor Vona entry into the UK kılıç_mehmet 12 3687 January 22, 2014 at 10:07 pm
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet
Smile Proposal for the Reformation of the EU Migrant Labour within the United Kingdom Cerrone 23 5699 November 17, 2010 at 1:58 pm
Last Post: Ashendant
  " the dignity of labour " in recessionary times. bozo 0 1707 February 21, 2009 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: bozo