Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proposal for the Reformation of the EU Migrant Labour within the United Kingdom
Smile 
Proposal for the Reformation of the EU Migrant Labour within the United Kingdom
To the People of Great Britain,

As we are all painfully aware the situation of high unemployment and preference of government and business owners in hiring and providing employment to migrant workers over that of existing British citizens has reached a crisis point and given the policies of previous and current government, there is going to be no end to the problems faced nationally by the citizen workers of today and by the students who will enter the labour market themselves tomorrow.

As long as current government allows their policies to be dictated by the short sighted greed of their financial backers in the upper echelons of the corporate and financial sectors, the United Kingdom will find itself not only faced with mass unemployment but with long term poverty and a decline of the very quality of life itself for the people of our country.

It is no secret that businesses can turn a quick profit on the rotation of migrant workers from the European Union to fill their ranks with temporary workers who may only last a few months before they leave the country and the job and can be replaced instantly with another migrant worker; meaning that no worker stays in a job long enough to assert union rights or to climb the promotions ladder to become a business owner themselves.

This makes life very comfortable for business owners from top to bottom, however the long term cost of this will eventually lead to a total decimation of the chances of prosperity and self direction of the citizens of our country. We will find soon that the vast majority of citizens are out of work, in poverty being forced onto an increasingly destructive and ineffective benefit system, and are unable to afford to engage in the commerce that fuels businesses which will result in severe consequences for everybody within our country, regardless of their station.

To put it simply, the working people of this country are the support columns for every other facet of our economy and social structure; and when the support columns are chiselled away at until they are nonexistent, the entire nation will collapse.

My proposal for the solution to this crisis is a simple one, and believed to be the most effective for all involved, having also taken into account the governments commitments to provide jobs for those residing within mainland Europe as part of the EU agreement.

The most relevant example of a nation facing long term destabilisation due to job mismanagement that I have been able to personally draw strength from was the Roman Republic. An identical situation existed in Rome at the time of the death of Caesar where business owners and the patrician class had for a long time preferred to hire slaves at a minimal cost rather than pay the citizens of Rome to do the jobs instead. This provided great wealth for the patricians and eventual great poverty of the citizens when they were unable to find work. The solution then, proposed and enacted by Mark Antony during his consulship, was to pass a law stating that one third of all those within the labour market had to be citizens who were employed and paid with a fair wage.

It is no surprise then that my solution to the crisis we are facing is to do exactly the same thing. I propose that in fact, two thirds of all workers within every single place of employment within the United Kingdom MUST be British citizens and long term residents within this country. If a place of business has three employees, then two of them must be British citizens, if the business has three thousand, then two thousand must be British citizens, with the remaining placements being permissible for migrant labour.

So far the only logical objections to a law such as this would be brought by the European Union who are unable to provide work for the people in the economically damaged nations of Eastern Europe. However, whilst open to negotiation this is no concern to the government or citizens of Great Britain. It is the duty of each nation’s government to be able to first ensure that existing citizens are cared for before extending that courtesy to the people of other nations, and we would expect any credible government deserving of running a country to have realised the same thing. Any policy to the contrary of this would result in any government being deemed completely unfit to govern.

15th November 2010
Cerrone.
[Image: cassandrasaid.jpg]
RE: Proposal for the Reformation of the EU Migrant Labour within the United Kingdom
(November 15, 2010 at 8:21 am)Cerrone Wrote: So far the only logical objections to a law such as this would be brought by the European Union who are unable to provide work for the people in the economically damaged nations of Eastern Europe. However, whilst open to negotiation this is no concern to the government or citizens of Great Britain. It is the duty of each nation’s government to be able to first ensure that existing citizens are cared for before extending that courtesy to the people of other nations, and we would expect any credible government deserving of running a country to have realised the same thing. Any policy to the contrary of this would result in any government being deemed completely unfit to govern.

15th November 2010
Cerrone.
You probably can't do that...

Yes confirmed you can't do that because of the treaty of Rome and it's one of basic pillars of EU citizenship, it's a inherent part of the single market and one of the reasons the EU was made
RE: Proposal for the Reformation of the EU Migrant Labour within the United Kingdom
Quote:You probably can't do that...

Yes confirmed you can't do that because of the treaty of Rome and it's one of basic pillars of EU citizenship, it's a inherent part of the single market and one of the reasons the EU was made

Then we need to ammend it, I mean what exactly is the EU parliament going to do if we renegotiated the terms? As it stands now the immigration thing is strangling us, there's no way i'd let it continue for the sake of some flimsly trade agreement.

Btw.. posted that up on my lunch break here and over on libcom, went back to check and i've been IP banned from their forum within .. 2 hours of registering whaaaat the fuck!
(November 15, 2010 at 10:08 am)Cerrone Wrote:
Quote:You probably can't do that...

Then we need to ammend it, I mean what exactly is the EU parliament going to do if we renegotiated the terms? As it stands now the immigration thing is strangling us, there's no way i'd let it continue for the sake of some flimsly trade agreement.

Btw.. posted that up on my lunch break here and over on libcom, went back to check and i've been IP banned from their forum within .. 2 hours of registering whaaaat the fuck!

You can't amend it, it's one of the rights of citizenship of the union, and one of the pillars of the EU

You are also obviously underestimating EU as a trade agreement i mean tripling trade between member is not flimsy
(November 15, 2010 at 10:21 am)Ashendant Wrote: You can't amend it, it's one of the rights of citizenship of the union, and one of the pillars of the EU

You are also obviously underestimating EU as a trade agreement i mean tripling trade between member is not flimsy

The increased trade won't do us any good if people are too poor to engage in it, will it now?

I'm not saying kick all the migrant workers out and lock the door behind them, im saying we need to drastically reduce the flow and persuade businesses into giving citizens the work.

Ah but like I always say when I reach this point... prove how anything I say is wrong and i'll back down.

And they never can Smile

There's a reason why i've got Ajax and Cassandra as my avatar...
Yea, so long as we are a member of the EU this would be impossible. Not a massive fan of the power of the EU but the free movement and employment rules, whilst not helping me right now getting a full time (non bar work) job here in England are one of it's few good points overall.
(November 15, 2010 at 10:26 am)Cerrone Wrote:
(November 15, 2010 at 10:21 am)Ashendant Wrote: You can't amend it, it's one of the rights of citizenship of the union, and one of the pillars of the EU

The increased trade won't do us any good if people are too poor to engage in it, will it now?

I'm not saying kick all the migrant workers out and lock the door behind them, im saying we need to drastically reduce the flow and persuade businesses into giving citizens the work.

Ah but like I always say when I reach this point... prove how anything I say is wrong and i'll back down.

And they never can Smile

There's a reason why i've got Ajax and Cassandra as my avatar...
That looks like a overreaction at best, London is the world most powerful Financial center(taken that title from Wall street will yes) Scotland is rich with oil(if i remember exactly)

Meh according to the stats the UK has the least immigration of the EU big five

Yes we need to reduce the migrant flow TO europe illegal immigrants are not a good thing, the reason why the EU is dispatching FRONTEX guard to greek borders

EDIT:Also
Quote:Research published by University College London in July 2009 showed that EU migrants made a "substantial net contribution to the UK fiscal system", paying 37 per cent more in taxes than they received in welfare payments. Researchers found that, on average, migrants were younger and better educated than the native population, as well as being 60 per cent less likely to claim benefits and 58 per cent less likely to live in social housing.
(November 15, 2010 at 10:29 am)Skipper Wrote: Yea, so long as we are a member of the EU this would be impossible. Not a massive fan of the power of the EU but the free movement and employment rules, whilst not helping me right now getting a full time (non bar work) job here in England are one of it's few good points overall.

But how is the free movement and employment even a vaugely positive attribute? We could still wander around european countries before the legislation existed, afterall.

I suppose people do feel that as long as they've got free movement around the slums of europe that its acceptable to be unable to find work.. yes yes.. very rational..

Computer

(November 15, 2010 at 10:35 am)Ashendant Wrote: That looks like a overreaction at best, London is the world most powerful Financial center(taken that title from Wall street will yes) Scotland is rich with oil(if i remember exactly)

Meh according to the stats the UK has the least immigration of the EU big five

Yes we need to reduce the migrant flow TO europe illegal immigrants are not a good thing, the reason why the EU is dispatching FRONTEX guard to greek borders

EDIT:Also
Quote:Research published by University College London in July 2009 showed that EU migrants made a "substantial net contribution to the UK fiscal system", paying 37 per cent more in taxes than they received in welfare payments. Researchers found that, on average, migrants were younger and better educated than the native population, as well as being 60 per cent less likely to claim benefits and 58 per cent less likely to live in social housing.

It's not illegal immigration that i see as the issue.. it's a problem sure, but the biggest problem is having our government and businesses encourage it so they can make a profit while the rest of us suffer. That to me, and i'm sure anybody whose affected by it directly, is a huge nasty fucking tumour that needs cutting out... because it's gonna kill us.

If you doubt what i'm saying and if you have another solution for it, then let's hear it. Because I promise you, if you do the research on it you'll see i'm accurate with the predicted consequences if the current migrant flow continues.
(November 15, 2010 at 10:48 am)Cerrone Wrote:
(November 15, 2010 at 10:29 am)Skipper Wrote: Yea, so long as we are a member of the EU this would be impossible. Not a massive fan of the power of the EU but the free movement and employment rules, whilst not helping me right now getting a full time (non bar work) job here in England are one of it's few good points overall.

But how is the free movement and employment even a vaugely positive attribute? We could still wander around european countries before the legislation existed, afterall.

I suppose people do feel that as long as they've got free movement around the slums of europe that its acceptable to be unable to find work.. yes yes.. very rational..

Well I travelled and worked my way around Europe for months and plan to do it again for even longer and over more of the continent. It was the best experience of my life so far and as a direct result of the EU laws on employment. The benefits of being able to live and see other cultures is amazing, and millions of people have had that benefit.

So free movement, and being able to actually live and work in a variety of different cultures is more than a "vaguely positive attribute". It is life changing. Granted that's of no benefit to people who want to just stay in their own country their whole lives, and it's of no benefit to me right now looking for full time work in my home country, but I value the ease I can go abroad and work and live now and in the future.

Edit: It also helps with people stuck in countries where jobs for their particular skill are sparse. They can go to where they will find employment or be better rewarded for their skills.
(November 15, 2010 at 11:12 am)Skipper Wrote: Well I travelled and worked my way around Europe for months and plan to do it again for even longer and over more of the continent. It was the best experience of my life so far and as a direct result of the EU laws on employment. The benefits of being able to live and see other cultures is amazing, and millions of people have had that benefit.

So free movement, and being able to actually live and work in a variety of different cultures is more than a "vaguely positive attribute". It is life changing. Granted that's of no benefit to people who want to just stay in their own country their whole lives, and it's of no benefit to me right now looking for full time work in my home country, but I value the ease I can go abroad and work and live now and in the future.

Granted it's fun for anybody who chooses it, but to have people forced overseas simply to find work is absurd when there are existing jobs in their own backyard which are being given away to migrant workers for the reasons above.

And i may as well copy/paste what I wrote on another forum to save writing it again.. Wink

Quote:Look at the governments current "idea" to force people off of unemployment benefit- they're going to order anybody claiming on Job Seekers allowance to take part in unpaid community service projects side by side with criminals and while the unemployed are being degraded like this the government at the same time encourages more migrant workers to take up the jobs that the "indigenous" citizens could be doing themselves!

It's complete nonsense. And I think when these mandatory community service projects get forced onto the unemployed we're going to see a lot of discontentment surface very quickly.

Apt dontcha think?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The United States now enters the phase of mass executions. Jehanne 48 4042 November 18, 2022 at 1:52 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  The United States and the growing divide zwanzig 73 3670 September 24, 2021 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
Information The United States has not spent $ 300 million a day on war in Afghanistan. alextruesay 60 3271 August 26, 2021 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Landslide for Labour! BrianSoddingBoru4 7 354 October 17, 2020 at 9:34 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Impeachment process in the United States Joods 18 3248 October 31, 2017 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: henryp
  It is becoming more evidence that America will destroy itself from within NuclearEnergy 42 12755 July 14, 2017 at 1:33 am
Last Post: GUBU
  The tough guy image within the GOP NuclearEnergy 8 2339 June 22, 2017 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  The Un-united Kingdom is fucked now Edwardo Piet 314 31333 July 4, 2016 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: emjay
  Why doesn't the United States follow it's own rules when it comes to the 1st amendmen GoHalos1993 18 5338 December 31, 2015 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Thoughts on migrant crisis and Islam. paulpablo 21 4581 November 17, 2015 at 5:47 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd