Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 9:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone leaving if Trump wins?
Anyone leaving if Trump wins?
There's always one - who swears up and down that they will "leave the country if ________ (fill in blank) wins the election".

I've never seen it.

Anyone plan on leaving if Trump wins? What about Biden?

I'm not going anywhere, either way.

I don't see where either one of the SOBs will make my life any different....
RE: Anyone leaving if Trump wins?
Well, we’re planning a trip to Fiji in January, no matter how your election pans out (but that’s probably not what you’re getting at).

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I hate moving with a passion. I will remain here in my little railroad town in Texas.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

I can move, I have three places outside the US that will take me, Boss Lady, and the cats. I won't move, I will find new and creative ways for people to regret being stupid.
(October 26, 2020 at 5:10 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Well, we’re planning a trip to Fiji in January, no matter how your election pans out (but that’s probably not what you’re getting at).

Boru

But you did have to brag...

And yes goddamnit - I am jealous!

Banghead
I'll just make my own little fantasy sovereign country.

My border enforcement will be wet. Very very wet.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(October 26, 2020 at 5:10 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Well, we’re planning a trip to Fiji in January, no matter how your election pans out (but that’s probably not what you’re getting at).

Boru

Mamacita Bar, margaritas to die for.
(October 26, 2020 at 6:20 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:

Boru

Mamacita Bar, margaritas to die for.

I don’t drink, but good to know.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Boru

An old friend and his wife went to Fiji a few years ago.  The pictures surely didn't fully convey how wonderful it is.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

I would move if Trump wins and finances allow it. There really isn't anything left of the USA that has much value at that point.

Even with a Biden win, there is a good chance I will go. The problem is that Trump is a symptom, but there is still an underlying disease that is eating our country from within. That it is even possible for Trump to have a 35-40% approval rating just means I don't belong here.

The biggest issue is finding a job overseas.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1054 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  IIhan Omar wins Minnesota Congressional Primary Foxaèr 0 226 August 12, 2020 at 10:34 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  UK general election - right wing Conservative party wins large majority Duty 30 1513 December 16, 2019 at 6:12 am
Last Post: Duty
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 36884 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  Looks like Macron wins French Presidential Election easily TheRealJoeFish 30 7529 May 8, 2017 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Nanny
  Anyone else just waiting for the Trump admin to crash and burn NuclearEnergy 17 6889 April 23, 2017 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Health Insurance: Canada Wins Minimalist 12 2152 March 21, 2017 at 5:42 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  I'm awfully confused: how do Trump supporters relate to Trump NuclearEnergy 11 3137 March 7, 2017 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  So just out of curiousity: anyone know how Trump is going to make America Great NuclearEnergy 35 4273 January 21, 2017 at 11:01 am
Last Post: Autolite
  Trump, anyone moved yet? paulpablo 13 1851 November 25, 2016 at 10:50 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome