Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm now a paid up member of the CFI - Feels Ace!
I'm now a paid up member of the CFI - Feels Ace!
The Centre For Enquiry (CFI) is a USA based organisation which fights for secularism and an end to tyrannical religious bullshit of all types. 

It merged with the Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason and Science some time ago and I finally decided to "treat myself" ('cos it costs money but feels great to be "on board" and support their important work) by becoming a monthly donor. 

Just waiting for my welcome pack to arrive in the post. Recommended! Signing up to their email list is also a good (and free) idea as they publish interesting atheistic articles regularly. 

Here's a link to their homepage:

https://centerforinquiry.org/
RE: I'm now a paid up member of the CFI - Feels Ace!
(November 4, 2020 at 8:11 am)Lawz Wrote: The Centre For Enquiry (CFI) is a USA based organisation which fights for secularism and an end to tyrannical religious bullshit of all types. 

It merged with the Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason and Science some time ago and I finally decided to "treat myself" ('cos it costs money but feels great to be "on board" and support their important work) by becoming a monthly donor. 

Just waiting for my welcome pack to arrive in the post. Recommended! Signing up to their email list is also a good (and free) idea as they publish interesting atheistic articles regularly. 

Remember to blow up churches.
Dying to live, living to die.
Their walls are too thick  Dead Horse  Arrgghh
Just got a fab "cause and effect" bi-weekly newsletter email from CFI - chocka block with important atheism stuff - reserved for donors I think - team team team - FUCK YOU FUNDIES!!!111!!  Hungry Hungry
That's awesome, are you only a member of CFI? Would you recommend any other ones to consider?
(November 4, 2020 at 8:11 am)Lawz Wrote: The Centre For Enquiry (CFI) is a USA based organisation which fights for secularism and an end to tyrannical religious bullshit of all types. 

Thanks.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
(November 10, 2020 at 2:17 am)Tomatoshadow2 Wrote: That's awesome, are you only a member of CFI? Would you recommend any other ones to consider?

I also donate a piffling little monthly $2 to this site, for which the admin etc are very grateful, so recommend that too. As far as atheistic organisations go, that's about it.

I honestly have to say you wasted good money. Religion in general can be considered bad, well one in particular. Islam, it forces people to join and puts peer pressure on non Muslims, the quran even commands it. There are no problems with Christianity or messianic Judaism. Buddhism is okay but i would say its a sort of paganism in nature. I wont go through them all, i would be here all day. The person that would of killed in the name of Christ were not Christians in the first place. You cannot tarnish every religion with the same brush. One bad apple falls you cannot blame the tree and pick apart the entire tree. Cut of the branch that had the bad apple and then continue supplying water and sunlight to the tree. 

I donate to church, you know, the building and people that do more for society than you ever would. I have never seen an atheist sincerely interested in giving to the poor, or providing hope and personal and mental and spiritual things to people around the world.
(December 21, 2020 at 3:25 pm)Prycejosh1987 Wrote: I honestly have to say you wasted good money. Religion in general can be considered bad, well one in particular. Islam, it forces people to join and puts peer pressure on non Muslims, the quran even commands it. There are no problems with Christianity or messianic Judaism. Buddhism is okay but i would say its a sort of paganism in nature. I wont go through them all, i would be here all day. The person that would of killed in the name of Christ were not Christians in the first place. You cannot tarnish every religion with the same brush. One bad apple falls you cannot blame the tree and pick apart the entire tree. Cut of the branch that had the bad apple and then continue supplying water and sunlight to the tree. 

I donate to church, you know, the building and people that do more for society than you ever would. I have never seen an atheist sincerely interested in giving to the poor, or providing hope and personal and mental and spiritual things to people around the world.

Christians who kill others in the name of Christ were absolutely Christians.  Do you understand the "No True Scotsman" fallacy?

Atheists, not being an organization, are not going to be preaching the "good news of atheism".  Most of us care a lot about the economic system and how it can leave people behind.  We give to causes and food-banks.

Atheists have nothing to sell.  We just don't believe in gods.  Whatever social good your churches do as organizations could be better done by secular groups that don't evangelize.
Quote:I honestly have to say you wasted good money. 

Not only do I still feel great for supporting such a worthwhile and cool organisation and mission, I continue to support them with a direct debit monthly payment! Ergo: WRONG!  Razz 

Quote:I have never seen an atheist sincerely interested in giving to the poor, or providing hope and personal and mental and spiritual things to people around the world.
Then you REALLY need to get out more!  Hilarious

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  True believer, good feels, meaning and masochism. tor 4 1802 March 22, 2014 at 9:21 am
Last Post: Esquilax
  A new member. A Catholic school teacher. Mr. Moncrieff 105 20808 February 25, 2014 at 6:05 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  [split] Member Photos - Christian Facism Secularone 7 2942 November 3, 2009 at 8:32 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Atheism feels shunned... Pippy 107 49880 August 3, 2009 at 2:23 am
Last Post: maldives