Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 2:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
True believer, good feels, meaning and masochism.
True believer, good feels, meaning and masochism.
I didn't meet a single person who believed in god, afterlife and so on because it is truth.
It's either. Good feels, meaning of life(some people would shoot themselves in the head if there was no god or afterlife).

But some people preach judgement day as though they themselves are gonna go to hell. And they are happy others are gonna go to hell. Where does that come from? Do they enjoy being punished by a deity?

Don't forget that I did not met a SINGLE person who believed in those things because they are true. It all comes down to feels.

So my questions.
1. Why is god and afterlife so important to such an extent that without them shooting yourself in the head is the way to go?
2. Why do some people like it so much that they will be punished by a deity?
RE: True believer, good feels, meaning and masochism.
I would have thought that the believer's thinking his belief is true would be implied by the fact that he does believe?

I mean, have you ever met a person who thinks an idea is false and yet believes it anyway? Thinking
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(March 22, 2014 at 8:43 am)Esquilax Wrote: I would have thought that the believer's thinking his belief is true would be implied by the fact that he does believe?

I mean, have you ever met a person who thinks an idea is false and yet believes it anyway? Thinking

99% of people I've met don't give a flying shit if it's true or not they will believe it anyway. They said so.
(March 22, 2014 at 8:43 am)Esquilax Wrote: I would have thought that the believer's thinking his belief is true would be implied by the fact that he does believe?

I kinda used too. As a Christian I used to think the Adam and Eve story was a fable...yet tried desperately to force myself to believe it.
I'm a bitch, I'm a lover
I'm a goddess, I'm a mother
I'm a sinner, I'm a saint
I do not feel ashamed
Christians are weird. Tongue Never having been one, or religious at all, I guess I just can't access that faithy side. It's all totally alien to me.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheism and the meaning of life - what drives you? UniverseCaptain 344 24813 November 12, 2021 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  I'm now a paid up member of the CFI - Feels Ace! Duty 9 939 December 22, 2020 at 1:02 pm
Last Post: Duty
  [Serious] What gives your life meaning? EgoDeath 30 3035 October 28, 2019 at 11:56 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  If the Bible is false, why are its prophecies coming true? pgardner2358 3 1639 June 9, 2018 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  True Christian (TM) Answers Your Questions YahwehIsTheWay 43 8882 April 11, 2017 at 2:55 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Muslims are using this NASA video as proof that islam is true and that allah exists LetThereBeNoGod 10 3962 February 16, 2017 at 9:32 pm
Last Post: LetThereBeNoGod
Wink 100% proof why atheism is True!!! Edward John 89 11935 November 10, 2016 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  If christianity were true [hypothetical] dyresand 27 3841 June 17, 2016 at 4:22 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Atheist thinker, or ignorant believer? WinterHold 5 1827 May 20, 2016 at 6:43 am
Last Post: maestroanth
  Do you think you'd still be a believer if the bible were more pleasant/accurate? Cecelia 53 7023 May 17, 2016 at 11:11 am
Last Post: AkiraTheViking