Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 4:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
These 10 Animals Have The Strongest Bite Force
These 10 Animals Have The Strongest Bite Force
Interesting short video about the strongest bite power in animals:

You'll be surprised from number 1.
RE: These 10 Animals Have The Strongest Bite Force
(November 14, 2020 at 3:56 pm)WinterHold Wrote: Interesting short video about the strongest bite power in animals:

You'll be surprised from number 1.

You lost me right here. 

Anything bigger than me, even my own shadow ,I run.

I knew Hippos would be top of the list but some of the others were a surprise. 

I went to the "Australia Zoo" Irwin's Zoo, basically two years in a row. Once by myself and then the next time I took my friend. But both times we visited that zoo. And we watched the staff feed the crocs, and FUCK if they were not the size of Trump's ego. 

I was surprised by the PSI in the ranks depending on animal in the video, but still, I don't want to be around any of them regardless.
Yoy never met Penny - this girl I dated in High School.......
Stupid list. Measuring in PSI doesn’t tell you much. Squirrels exert a bite PSI of 22 000, but - give the choice - most people would rather be bitten by a squirrel than by a croc.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
At work.

"Never get bitten by anything that can swallow your head."

Onlinebiker's old girl freind warnings may apply. Tongue
(November 14, 2020 at 4:43 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Stupid list. Measuring in PSI doesn’t tell you much. Squirrels exert a bite PSI of 22 000, but - give the choice - most people would rather be bitten by a squirrel than by a croc.

Boru

Yes scale matters. 

But captain contrarian how many Squirrels have killed as many humans as hippos or crocs or lions or hippos?
(November 14, 2020 at 5:12 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(November 14, 2020 at 4:43 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Stupid list. Measuring in PSI doesn’t tell you much. Squirrels exert a bite PSI of 22 000, but - give the choice - most people would rather be bitten by a squirrel than by a croc.

Boru

Yes scale matters. 

But captain contrarian how many Squirrels have killed as many humans as hippos or crocs or lions or hippos?

I just said most people would rather be bitten by a squirrel than a croc. Pay attention.

And, for what it’s worth, rodents are responsible for more human deaths world-wide - by a factor of millions - than all the animals you mentioned combined.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 14, 2020 at 5:31 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(November 14, 2020 at 5:12 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Yes scale matters. 

I just said most people would rather be bitten by a squirrel than a croc. Pay attention.

And, for what it’s worth, rodents are responsible for more human deaths world-wide - by a factor of millions - than all the animals you mentioned combined.

Boru

Millions?    I highly doubt that.   To make a ratio of just one single million work, then even if we credit rodents with having killed every last human being that had ever lived during all of humanity’s existence on the planet, that wasn’t killed by lions, crocs and hippos,  the maximum allowable combined score for lions, crocs and hippos would still be only 107 thousand, during the entire existence of the human specie.    

I somehow see crocs, hippos and lions as having killed far, far more humans than that.   Crocs alone kill an average of 1000 people world wide each year now.   The annual score is not likely to be less during much of last 2000 years.  In fact it was probably much higher during most of human history.

My hunch is the total number of humans done in by large predatory animals and large burley herbivores through humans history is in the high hundreds of millions or even low billions.   Perhaps rodents have killed dozens or scores of times more Humans than these, but not millions of times more.
(November 15, 2020 at 3:50 am)Anomalocaris Wrote:
(November 14, 2020 at 5:31 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I just said most people would rather be bitten by a squirrel than a croc. Pay attention.

Boru

Millions?    I highly doubt that.   To make a ratio of just one single million work, then even if we credit rodents with having killed every last human being that had ever lived during all of humanity’s existence on the planet, that wasn’t killed by lions, crocs and hippos,  the maximum allowable combined score for lions, crocs and hippos would still be only 107 thousand, during the entire existence of the human specie.    

I somehow see crocs, hippos and lions as having killed far, far more humans than that.   Crocs alone kill an average of 1000 people world wide each year now.   The annual score is not likely to be less during much of last 2000 years.  In fact it was probably much higher during most of human history.

My hunch is the total number of humans done in by large predatory animals and large burley herbivores through humans history is in the high hundreds of millions or even low billions.   Perhaps rodents have killed dozens or scores of times more Humans than these, but not millions of times more.

I confess to a spasm of hyperbole.

Boru
I did a CTRL+F on this thread and not a single mention of islam or muslims in its posts ... Oopps!

But seriously, that's a wicked cool YT vid. More!
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Warthogs, very smart animals The End of Atheism 29 2282 May 9, 2023 at 9:52 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Force Awakens was a disappointing movie Rimi921 13 1336 April 27, 2019 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  These Guys Are Very Clever. Minimalist 0 522 March 12, 2017 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Star Wars: The Force Accelerated Jehanne 1 607 December 30, 2016 at 11:40 am
Last Post: TheRealJoeFish
  Some of These Are Very Clever Minimalist 5 927 May 13, 2015 at 12:07 am
Last Post: Jericho
  Bite-size Hallowe'en horrors Cyberman 13 2203 October 22, 2014 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: Drich