Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Asking your opinion
Asking your opinion
So, I am posting on another forum.

It is a religious discussion forum, so one can imagine the bias leans more one way than the other.

I recently posted the following:

And I received a notification that my post was moderated due to what they consider proselytization.

Their rules:

Am I missing something here, or am I correct in my assessment that they are full of shit?
RE: Asking your opinion
(November 23, 2020 at 10:06 am)Eleven Wrote: So, I am posting on another forum.

It is a religious discussion forum, so one can imagine the bias leans more one way than the other.

And I received a notification that my post was moderated due to what they consider proselytization.

Their rules:

Am I missing something here, or am I correct in my assessment that they are full of shit?

Yes. You’re missing something here—it’s not just them, it’s pretty much all religious places of discussion that are hypocritical and full of shit.

Their rules:

Strictly speaking you did break their rule on preaching/proselytizing, as you definitively declare that god never existed as you do without an "I believe/feel/think" language, and included no references to support your claims. I have highlighted the text that breaks the rule, as well as the specific clause that the language in question broke. 

All message board rules are pretty arbitrary though, and some person made the decision to call out your statement, and humans are do make mistakes. However, I think they are following their discussion board rule here. With the information provided in this post, I cannot determine if they are applying the rule fairly, or have singled your comment out.
(November 23, 2020 at 10:06 am)Eleven Wrote: Creating (or linking to) content intended to convert/recruit others to your religion, spirituality, sect/denomination, or lack thereof is not permitted.

Yeah, "nice" rule since it's completely open to interpretation of what exactly is a "content intended to convert/recruit others to your religion" in a place for discussions, so it's easy to censor people which is something that religious people heavily rely on to keep their faith in fairytales.

Maybe you should register there as another character who claims to be a satanist and see if they try to convert you.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Ironically, I found no way to contact the individual who sent me the warning. Therefore, I used the report button available to send a very logical response.
You could have made your point without opening the Jesus as myth can of worms.  We can talk about the Silence of Paul, the lack of historic evidence, the obvious attempts by Eusebius and others to forge historical evidence, and the confusion among early 2nd century apologists, but we can't offer the inferences as fact.

It's a chicken shit move by the moderator.  They wouldn't touch nonsense like "God is love."
You are cheating on us with a Christian forum?

Tut Tut

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(November 23, 2020 at 11:05 am)arewethereyet Wrote: You are cheating on us with a Christian forum?

Tut Tut

[Image: tenor.gif]
(November 23, 2020 at 11:05 am)arewethereyet Wrote: You are cheating on us with a Christian forum?

Tut Tut

Yes. This is definitely two-timing us—the great betrayal—the ultimate disloyalty—treason of intellectual proportions. etc etc.

Rest assured I will posting about this taboo topic on five other boards I frequent.

Their rules:

GD heretic! Where did I put my gas can and matches? Crucified
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Covers that are (in your opinion) better than the origionals Theswordismyleopard 15 703 August 30, 2020 at 7:58 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Covers that are (in your opinion) better than the origionals Theswordismyleopard 0 178 August 29, 2020 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: Theswordismyleopard
  An Opinion Grows In Brooklyn OP ED Brian37 0 258 August 30, 2019 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Are people normally this confussing when you are asking them out? GODZILLA 62 7368 June 9, 2018 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Is being a theist immoral in your opinion? Catholic_Lady 53 5191 January 8, 2018 at 11:33 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  The "strike" and my personal opinion Foxaèr 36 5159 April 16, 2015 at 2:27 am
Last Post: DeadChannel
  You are not entitled to your opinion. Kayenneh 27 4838 March 14, 2014 at 11:12 pm
Last Post: shep
Heart Found a website that checks the opinion of the internet Atheistm vs Religion Big Blue Sky 4 1967 June 16, 2013 at 5:54 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Ask me my opinion on anything. Edwardo Piet 41 13071 January 7, 2013 at 12:59 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  your opinion on joe paterno jackman 23 9542 June 28, 2012 at 1:26 am
Last Post: Godscreated