Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 2:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are people normally this confussing when you are asking them out?
Are people normally this confussing when you are asking them out?
I ask a friend of mine out on a date she says she will have to think about it because she recently returned from a year long service project and is having difficulty adjusting. Now, I think she is just not that interested. I have consulted others and they have told me that I am not entitled to know the reason why. Even though i think it's fair if she would just tell me straight up she isn't interested. I mean I have tried being persistent. I have talked to her about it twice, and she throws out the same response. I don't want to harass her, but part of me thinks that she should just be straight up and tell me I'm not interested. Would it be too much for me to say this? I mean it's not going to hurt my feelings if she does. I would also let her know that too.

Also, as someone who is normally shy and constantly being told that's my problem this is a big deal for me. I'm actually trying to grow some balls and stick up for myself, don't women like that?

I trust your wisdom on this. I'm not trying to be a dick either.
RE: Are people normally this confussing when you are asking them out?
Leave her alone. She's not interested and doesn't feel comfortable straight up spelling it out for you that she's not interested.

Continuing to nag her and demand that she explains the obvious (regardleas or whether you refer to this as "standing up for yourself") is not sexy and not what women like.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Are you on the spectrum? Are you aware that you may not understand a hint? Serious questions.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I don't fully understand it, but why should she give you a reason for not wanting to go out with you? Isn't a "no" enough? The women I have asked out and said "no" I've left at that, I don't need an explanation as to why.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
Sorry if that sounded harsh, btw. I didn't mean it to. I know it can be hard when you like someone and just wish tjey would give you more closure.

But please trust me on this, she really isn't interested. And it isn't appropriate to continue to nag her any further. You asked about it twice already, and that is fine. A third time would be crossing the line of respect for her though.

(June 1, 2018 at 5:31 am)Sal Wrote: I don't fully understand it, but why should she give you a reason for not wanting to go out with you? Isn't a "no" enough? The women I have asked out and said "no" I've left at that, I don't need an explanation as to why.

I dont think he wants an explanation as to why she's not interested. I think he just wants her to straight up say "No, I'm not interested" rather than say she will "think about it."

But many women don't feel comfortable being that straight forward, and the cues are more than enough to send the message out that she's not. No need to ask for more clarity.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
[Image: 817.png]
I literally have no experience in the asking out on a date department. I've never asked anyone out on a date.
I think you should just leave that sleeping dog lie.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
'I'll think about it', does not mean, 'no'.
So don't feel bad for asking twice, that's her fault.

I'd respond but I'm having difficulty adjusting, sorry.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Asking your opinion Foxaèr 11 526 November 23, 2020 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Let them eat spam! Foxaèr 33 1999 September 13, 2020 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Who would you rely on to help you out? Cod 18 1266 January 8, 2019 at 6:36 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Why is there people who bother people for no reason? Macoleco 6 970 October 2, 2018 at 6:51 am
Last Post: Cod
  Halloween candy you pass out, and candy you like to recieve vorlon13 26 4022 October 9, 2017 at 6:28 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  What would you do if you found out I didn't exist? Edwardo Piet 4 800 October 7, 2017 at 8:13 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  How many pillows do you sleep with, how do you use them & which can't you do without? Whateverist 31 2162 September 29, 2017 at 8:27 am
Last Post: Joods
  Above Poster is your new god, how do you praise them? TheMissingLink 24 6122 September 23, 2017 at 11:35 pm
Last Post: Astreja
  How Long Does Someone Have to be Dead Before People stop Referring to them as Late? Rhondazvous 10 3057 May 18, 2017 at 11:58 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Should I Tell Them I'm Blind? Rhondazvous 6 1035 January 24, 2017 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous