Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remote chance.
Remote chance.
Ok, so just before the weekend I dropped my cable remote, and it landed in just the right spot which made the faceplate split off and expose the guts of the remote. After a while of fidgeting with putting it back together, I got it to somewhat work, and the most important buttons did work. So today I go to the cable company office to get a replacement and they give me one. Sounds great right?

Nope, for some stupid reason the new remote I can't get the volume control to work, even after resetting the "cable" vs "tv" buttons by turning them both on and off. It is ok though, until I go out again, I'll simply have to switch to my TV remote that came with my tv set to change the volume.

I know, this is a global crisis.
RE: Remote chance.
Get a new one from Amazon.

You can reboot your remote by taking the batteries out overnight. Should reset it to factory settings.
Watch out, Nina the pretty ballerina and Fernando are out to gaslight you. At least that's what mama said.
(December 21, 2020 at 7:07 pm)no one Wrote: Watch out, Nina the pretty ballerina and Fernando are out to gaslight you. At least that's what mama said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn6hhrX34Pw
(December 21, 2020 at 6:52 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Get a new one from Amazon.

You can reboot your remote by taking the batteries out overnight. Should reset it to factory settings.

I know that. I can feel the difference in the pushdown on the volume control on the new one. Even after fixing the old one, the volume control on that worked. The new one I have now, had no batteries in it, so it should have worked after I put the new batteries in it. The new one, just on the volume control had the same lack of tension as the old one where I couldn't get certain buttons to push down. 

I think I simply got a defective new one. It happens.

(December 21, 2020 at 7:10 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(December 21, 2020 at 7:07 pm)no one Wrote: Watch out, Nina the pretty ballerina and Fernando are out to gaslight you. At least that's what mama said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn6hhrX34Pw

DAMN IT JIM, ABBA IS RESPONSIBLE FOR MY REMOTE NOT WORKING!
ABBA is responsible for a majority of human ills
That's what the fake news media wants you to think.
Surely it's time to call a cab.

FFS Brian - you sure have a lot of issues with remotes for your TV.

We usually have them so long the numbers wear off the buttons before they ever quit working.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(December 21, 2020 at 7:29 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Surely it's time to call a cab.

We usually have them so long the numbers wear off the buttons before they ever quit working.

One of mine has three channel buttons, NBC, CBS, ABC.
(December 21, 2020 at 7:27 pm)no one Wrote: ABBA is responsible for a majority of human ills

Gotta give you credit for that one. LOL

(December 21, 2020 at 7:31 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(December 21, 2020 at 7:29 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Surely it's time to call a cab.

One of mine has three channel buttons, NBC, CBS, ABC.

Holy fuck, you still use a TV with dials? What about UHF?

Yes, yes I do.  My therapist gave up on me.

You are talking to a man who took a cab in the middle of the night to buy batteries when my TV got stuck of Fox News.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Your chance to see Melania standing next to a horse's ass...that isn't named Trump arewethereyet 8 680 November 24, 2020 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  AF Men, This is Your Chance to Tell the Butt Naked Truth Rhondazvous 94 12663 May 26, 2016 at 10:56 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Af women, this is your chance to say the butt naked truth. J a c k 15 2683 May 19, 2016 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: J a c k
  Last Chance for Atheist Forum T-Shirts Darwinian 25 8523 November 12, 2009 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Linux Remote Desktop? Kyuuketsuki 5 2642 June 8, 2009 at 3:45 pm
Last Post: leo-rcc