Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Joker Face
Joker Face
Why do so many religious people want to have the joker face?
Scientologists seem to force the religious grin. Like when you see them, or their testimonial videos, they look like they must be super happy or they will get in trouble with the upper echelons.

And even Leah Remini said that every Scientologist is spying on each other and writing so-called Knowledge Reports if they see non-Scientology behavior among Scientologists - like if they're out in public somewhere and some Scientologist doesn't laugh enough or doesn't look happy enough.

Also, nuns are frequently known as having a smile carved into their faces so that even when they are not smiling, they look like they are smiling because they have those smiling wrinkles across their faces.

But what also prompted me to open this topic was seeing how women of the Westboro Baptist Church also have that glowing smile on their faces. I'll try to put some screenshots from the documentaries by Louis Theroux.

[Image: 04.png][Image: 01.png]

In fact, they are totally ecstatic as they wait for doomsday and sing songs about how cancer is the best thing in the world, how Jews, gays, Muslims, and everyone who is not them must be murdered and tortured.

So although there is a song that goes "if it makes you happy it can't be that bad" - it can in reality be that bad.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
RE: Joker Face
'Joker face' is an excellent description. These people look less like they're trying to save souls and more like they're plotting to kill Batman.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(February 3, 2021 at 7:15 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: 'Joker face' is an excellent description. These people look less like they're trying to save souls and more like they're plotting to kill Batman.

Boru

Kenneth Copeland, and his little band of mischiefs springs to mind. He's completely psychotic all the time.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
Apparently, once you feel the holy spirit come inside you, it's wall to wall smiles.
It's what "nutbag crazy" looks like....
Quote:Duping delight is a particular micro expression a person will display that betrays a sense of enjoyment they are getting out of controlling and deceiving another person. It is a very important expression to watch out for in catching dishonesty in a person. In fact it is a form of body language pretty much exclusively reserved for pathological character types such as psychopaths.

The phrase was coined by the psychologist and body language expert Dr Paul Ekman and was defined by him as “the pleasure we get over having someone else in our control and being able to manipulate them”.

Duping delight most often manifests as a grin or a smirk which will flash across a person’s face, and is usually completely inappropriate to the situation or the topic that is being spoken about. The psychopath is either about to lie, or is lying to someone and they are believing it, and the smirk is a leaked expression of pleasure that they are getting away with it.

(link)
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
[Image: G91i75Cv.jpg?0203]
Wanna know how I got these stigmata scars?
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

This also reminds me of Robert Crumb talking about how his father was a depressive psycho who smiled all the time (but not at home).

teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
@Nay_Sayer Good Night, Nay Sayer! That is horrifying.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Punching bishop in the ugly face Fake Messiah 10 4710 February 2, 2017 at 1:16 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Neil deGrasse Tyson and Pluto face-off Cyberman 5 1353 June 30, 2014 at 12:11 am
Last Post: vorlon13