Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 4:56 am

Poll: Two username changes per year?
This poll is closed.
No
42.86%
3 42.86%
Yes
57.14%
4 57.14%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Petition Poll for username change
Petition Poll for username change
Let's get real, a year is too long.

How about two username changes per year, one every six months?

I don't think that's unreasonable.
RE: Petition Poll for username change
OK Skippy.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
At least with a public poll, I know who's against me.

Just saying.
It's not about who is against you. It's about changing a rule of the forum that doesn't need to be changed.

Don't play victim, it doesn't suit you.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(March 7, 2021 at 8:47 am)arewethereyet Wrote: It's not about who is against you.  It's about changing a rule of the forum that doesn't need to be changed.

It apparently needed to be changed to "once a year" when that wasn't the rule at all back when I first joined.

Therefore, the rules can be changed.

Trust me, honey, I'm no victim. Never have been.
(March 7, 2021 at 8:51 am)Eleven Wrote:
(March 7, 2021 at 8:47 am)arewethereyet Wrote: It's not about who is against you.  It's about changing a rule of the forum that doesn't need to be changed.

It apparently needed to be changed to "once a year" when that wasn't the rule at all back when I first joined.

Therefore, the rules can be changed.

Trust me, honey, I'm no victim. Never have been.

I went to bat for you on this name change thing since you swooped in as soon as I was made a mod and thought you could get your way.

Don't give me that shit that now you know who is against you.  I have tried to be for you...and yeah, sweetcheeks, you are a victim.

You have to swap forums on the regular because of other people...not because of your own behavior.  Nooooooo....you could never the one causing the drama.

Blow smoke up someone else's ass.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Love you like the gay brother I never had, but I can't see instituting a rule change to accommodate this. What happens when you decide you don't want to wait six months? Do we change it to three months? One month? Then we allow a name change every thirty seconds?

Nah, mate. It's not on.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Oh, dear, someone has certainly decided she's the mentalist she isn't.

You've certainly got this incorrect and quite vehement view of me, which is sad.

I don't smoke, and the vapors certainly have better places to be.

(March 7, 2021 at 9:00 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Love you like the gay brother I never had, but I can't see instituting a rule change to accommodate this. What happens when you decide you don't want to wait six months? Do we change it to three months? One month? Then we allow a name change every thirty seconds?

Nah, mate. It's not on.

Boru

I understand. *sighs*
I don't understand why anyone would want to change their user name at all, much less twice per year. I wouldn't want to interfere with anyone's personal quirks, however, and the name change seems harmless enough.  Dunno
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
(March 7, 2021 at 9:08 am)Gwaithmir Wrote: and the name change seems harmless enough.  Dunno

Precisely.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Me no like change. Me sad GUBU 12 1274 September 21, 2018 at 6:47 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  How to hide previous username? DarkFalz555 5 1457 November 17, 2017 at 1:31 am
Last Post: Losty
  OMG, I want to change my username again! Foxaèr 52 11249 July 10, 2017 at 6:31 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Atheist Forums Must Change Cinjin 47 8485 January 30, 2016 at 8:06 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Can we seriously change this "User formerly known as" bollocks? Napoléon 59 6789 November 6, 2015 at 6:21 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Username change within 365 days Anomalocaris 9 2033 November 5, 2015 at 1:47 pm
Last Post: houseofcantor
  Did the search function change recently? Simon Moon 9 2955 July 13, 2015 at 7:56 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Suggestion for a minor rules change. Ravenshire 24 6275 July 8, 2015 at 9:12 am
Last Post: Napoléon
  Kudos in the Mafia sub-forum (Poll) Napoléon 3 1669 May 24, 2015 at 11:38 am
Last Post: emjay
  Change of Email Problem Vox Populi 1 1287 March 28, 2015 at 12:41 am
Last Post: Jackalope