Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did the search function change recently?
Did the search function change recently?
When I used to search for a user by posts, it used to return all posts by that user.

Now, it seems to just return threads started by the user I am searching for.

For example, when I search for myself by posts, I only get the threads I started. I used to get all the threads I posted in, even those started by others.

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
RE: Did the search function change recently?
Where it says "display options" click "view as posts" Smile
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
(July 7, 2015 at 8:23 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote: Where it says "display options" click "view as posts" Smile

That's the way I usually do search.

But even when I do that, the only results are posts in threads that I am the author of.

Until quite recently, when I used to search "view as posts" using my own username, I would get all posts I posted on, not just posts in the threads that I am the author of.

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
I was thinking the same thing!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I think the poll on poll threads has disrupted the time line.

We're boned . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

After it lists the posts that you are the thread author of, it selects posts seemingly at random that you replied to.

Odd. I wonder if it comes up with the same posts every time?
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing this problem.

Hopefully it can be fixed.

Oh well....

I guess the search function has permanently changed for the worse.

I'll reluctantly get used to it.

(July 7, 2015 at 8:18 pm)Simon Moon Wrote: When I used to search for a user by posts, it used to return all posts by that user.

Now, it seems to just return threads started by the user I am searching for.

For example, when I search for myself by posts, I only get the threads I started. I used to get all the threads I posted in, even those started by others.

That's odd, it's not working that way for me.
It seems like it's back to normal now.
Edit#2.

Just tried it, didn't work as expected.
If you add your uname and select 2 weeks and newer, it works.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Petition Poll for username change Foxaèr 17 2068 March 7, 2021 at 9:38 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Alert function brewer 2 1306 June 16, 2019 at 12:51 pm
Last Post: brewer
Sad Me no like change. Me sad GUBU 12 1263 September 21, 2018 at 6:47 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Is the fucking forum quote function in need of some subtle fucking tweekage? Succubus 14 1895 March 18, 2018 at 5:59 am
Last Post: GUBU
  A new alert function Foxaèr 20 4407 December 20, 2017 at 4:39 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  "Report" function brewer 8 1854 July 24, 2017 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  OMG, I want to change my username again! Foxaèr 52 11202 July 10, 2017 at 6:31 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hide Function Fred Hampton 20 4184 March 27, 2017 at 4:49 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  [Tutorial] How to use the quote function pocaracas 1 1143 October 20, 2016 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Atheist Forums Must Change Cinjin 47 8410 January 30, 2016 at 8:06 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4