Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 12:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TV ads that get you to throw a brick at your TV.
TV ads that get you to throw a brick at your TV.
I also want to kick Mike Lindell in his pills for his annoying "I didn't invent the pillow, but I like to annoy people every fucking 5 seconds and act like I did"

And Liberty Insurance, has that fucking annoying Emu ad.

But long before either there was this.

RE: TV ads that get you to throw a brick at your TV.
One with the tag line, ‘Fibre. It’s how we internet now.’ Pisses me off when nouns get used as verbs.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I am not against the private sector. But damn folks, please do not beat me over the head every 2 seconds with annoying repetitive ads.

It makes me want to throat punch you, not buy your product.

It makes me feel like this.

Does anyone like that Kroger commercial where they say "Go Low Low Low!"
?
(March 19, 2021 at 6:40 pm)jasonelijah Wrote: Does anyone like that Kroger commercial where they say "Go Low Low Low!"
?

I haven't seen those. But I can imagine. I don't live in a Kroger area.
Oh it's pretty cute actually but it has been on tv way too long.
(March 19, 2021 at 6:53 pm)jasonelijah Wrote: Oh it's pretty cute actually but it has been on tv way too long.

Even Progressive has had ads I like, like the following. But there is such a thing as overplaying it. I love the following ad, but like food, I don't want to eat it every day.

(March 19, 2021 at 6:57 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(March 19, 2021 at 6:53 pm)jasonelijah Wrote: Oh it's pretty cute actually but it has been on tv way too long.

Even Progressive has had ads I like, like the following. But there is such a thing as overplaying it. I love the following ad, but like food, I don't want to eat it every day.

You don't eat food every day?  Are you part Breatharian?  Or do you just subsist on beer on the days you forego food?

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(March 19, 2021 at 6:59 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(March 19, 2021 at 6:57 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Even Progressive has had ads I like, like the following. But there is such a thing as overplaying it. I love the following ad, but like food, I don't want to eat it every day.

You don't eat food every day?  Are you part Breatharian?  Or do you just subsist on beer on the days you forego food?

Food is something we all eat every day, but TV ads are not something we need to see every nanosecond.
(March 19, 2021 at 7:00 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(March 19, 2021 at 6:59 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: You don't eat food every day?  Are you part Breatharian?  Or do you just subsist on beer on the days you forego food?

Food is something we all eat every day, but TV ads are not something we need to see every nanosecond.

Bold mine
That's not what you said.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The problem with "Brick In The Wall"... Brian37 22 1576 October 1, 2019 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  What makes you get up and leave? Gawdzilla Sama 48 3682 December 14, 2018 at 5:44 pm
Last Post: Figbash